My Moxi is stuck on 1080i, on a SDTV set! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-11-2005, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just this morning Charter came and installed a DVR (Motorola BMC9012). After the tech left, I was messing around in the settings. Like and idiot, I switched the video output to 1080i (my set is only 480i). Making matters worse, I panicked and hit the 'reset' button, thinking it would revert to the factory settings.

Now that I've read the manual, I see that if I would've just waited 20 seconds, it would've automatically switched back to 480i.

I have unplugged the unit, and tried all the other video outputs, but the only signal it's sending is 1080i through the component output. I don't know of anyone who has an HDTV set small enough for me to borrow.

Is there anyone out there with this unit that would be kind enough to figure out what button sequence on the remote it will take for me to change the video output from 1080i to 480i? I'm hoping that once you hit the 'Moxi' button, it goes to the same menu spot each time.

I have tried changing the settings, but seeing nothing but white lines makes it difficult. If one of you out there could check out the sequence of buttons is, I'd appreciate it! Obviously I start with the 'Moxi' button, but then what?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-11-2005, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was extremely lucky, and was able to set it back to 480i by a random sequence of button mashing.....

Take this as a lesson learned, ALWAYS READ THE MANUAL! :)
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page