How do I connect a DVD recorder to my dual tuner Comcast(6412) DVR - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-11-2005, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
:( I have a Sony HDef TV that is connected to a Motorola Dual Tuner DVR from Comcast. Is there any way to hook up a DVD recorder to transfer some of the shows i've recorded onto my DVR hard disk? Is there a way to hook up a DVD recorder and record directly unto it or it's hard disk? My cable is connected in to the dvr and out to the TV with component hookup. My sound is routed through a digital optical to a pioneer receiver. The TV speakers are set to off. Anyone have any suggestions for hooking up a dvd recorder???
Thanks

Dennis Schutter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-11-2005, 08:39 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by schutter5
:( I have a Sony HDef TV that is connected to a Motorola Dual Tuner DVR from Comcast. Is there any way to hook up a DVD recorder to transfer some of the shows i've recorded onto my DVR hard disk? Is there a way to hook up a DVD recorder and record directly unto it or it's hard disk? My cable is connected in to the dvr and out to the TV with component hookup. My sound is routed through a digital optical to a pioneer receiver. The TV speakers are set to off. Anyone have any suggestions for hooking up a dvd recorder???
Thanks
The Motorola's Video Input jacks are inactive everywhere in the country as far as i know. No way to transfer video onto your DVR from any outside source. It will only record from the two internal tuners.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
post #3 of 4 Old 06-13-2005, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes you can record from your dvr box using composit or s-video and analog audio out from the dvr box to your dvd recorder. You wont be able to use the box for changing channels while its sending the signal out to your dvd recorder so you will need to use maybe ant a or b if you have cable or antenna connected to your tv if you want to watch tv at the same time.
post #4 of 4 Old 06-13-2005, 08:56 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by schutter5
:( I have a Sony HDef TV that is connected to a Motorola Dual Tuner DVR from Comcast. Is there any way to hook up a DVD recorder to transfer some of the shows i've recorded onto my DVR hard disk?
The way you worded this it looked to me like you wanted to record something from your DVD recorder to your DVR's hard drive but now that i read it again it looks more like you want to transfer stuff trapped on your DVR to a DVD recorder. So yeah, you can do that :D

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

Gallery -
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page