How can I hook up a DVD recorder to my Comcast (6412)DVR?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-12-2005, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Sony HDef TV that is connected to a Motorola Dual Tuner DVR from Comcast. Is there any way to hook up a DVD recorder ??? When my hard disk on the Comcast Dvr fills up I either have to delete some shows to regain space or stop recording. What I would like to do is add a DVD recorder to the mix and clear up space on the Comcast DVR by moving shows off of that and onto a DVD recorder. Comcast says that you can record from their DVR onto a VCR. If you can do that , why not a DVD??? My cable comes into the DVR , video to the tv from a dvi to a hdmi cable. Audio is run through a pioneer reciever with the TV speakers off. Anybody know about using the component cables to connect a DVD recorder and if its possible to record right off the DVR while watching TV. Does the Dual Tuner present a problem? Any help with this mess would be appreciated.
Thanks

Dennis Schutter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-13-2005, 04:36 PM

Liked: 10
Yes you can record but, you send out the same signal that you see on your tv to what ever you recording to, dvd recorder or vcr, so dont change to the other tuner as what you see is what you record to your dvd recorder.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-13-2005, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Also, no DVD reocorders that I know of have component inputs. The best resolution you can expect is from S-video. Still, on my Panasonic E95 it's a very good picture. I've recorded from TiVo, DirecTiVo and now, Comcast 6412 and it's all good.

Pan 46PZ85U, Marantz SR5003, TiVo Premier, TiVoHd + 1tb, A2 (fs), PS3, Pan DMR E-95 (fs), JVC DVD-A, Polk & Infinity, Harmony One
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page