How to burn a DVD on my computer from Satellite DVR of Tour de France? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-24-2005, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would like suggestions of software to use and the format (mpeg, Divx, etc.) to burn DVD's of the Tour on my computer from my Satellite DVR (a Direct TV HD). I'd love to make the transfer digitally, but will settle for analog transfer. My computer has S-Video and analog audio built-in but I don't know the software to use or the format or how to do it. Also, I would like to be able to put 2 to 3 hours (one day of the race) on a single DVD and don't know about compression. My DVD burner is a single layer. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-01-2005, 07:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTO
I would like suggestions of software to use and the format (mpeg, Divx, etc.) to burn DVD's of the Tour on my computer from my Satellite DVR (a Direct TV HD). I'd love to make the transfer digitally, but will settle for analog transfer. My computer has S-Video and analog audio built-in but I don't know the software to use or the format or how to do it. Also, I would like to be able to put 2 to 3 hours (one day of the race) on a single DVD and don't know about compression. My DVD burner is a single layer. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

There are alot of variables to answering your question. One of the best site i've used to understand dvd authoring is http://www.videohelp.com/

The biggest question is how important/discernable does videoquality mean to you? This will drive your decision as to how to capture the video signal, encode it - what software you want to use - and how complex you want to develop the DVD menus/titles/chapters/ etc - the more complexity you want, the more steps you'll need.

You also don't mention if you have a Dual Layer DVD-R - this can help since decent quality video will be about 1 hour per layer - assuming about 4500 bitrate.
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page