AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Connect Comcast DVR to JVC DVD/VCR Dual Machine

802 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RandyWalters 
#1 ·
I have the Comcast DVR dual tuner, and have it just hooked up via a/v cables to the tv, but would like to add our JVC combination DVD recorder/VCR machine which has multiple inputs and outputs in the back. Does anyone have any ideas as to what connections I need to use to make everything work properly and be able to watch DVD's, videos, etc. and record DVD's, etc. Thanks so much.

#2 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbogod
I have the Comcast DVR dual tuner, and have it just hooked up via a/v cables to the tv, but would like to add our JVC combination DVD recorder/VCR machine which has multiple inputs and outputs in the back. Does anyone have any ideas as to what connections I need to use to make everything work properly and be able to watch DVD's, videos, etc. and record DVD's, etc. Thanks so much.
It depends - what is the brand and exact model number of the DVR your Comcast provider uses? Some can be connected this way while others can't.

How is the DVR connected to your TV now?

What unused inputs does your TV have available?

The instructions that came with my mom's Comcast DVR (Motorola DTC-6412) had detailed instructions for connecting a VCR or DVD recorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.