Recording a DEAD ZONE episode w/o analog conversion - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-26-2005, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought a DCT6412 and was hoping to record the season finale of the The Dead Zone that airs on USA Networks August 28 at 10pm and 1am Central time and again on August 30th at 12am, but it turns out that Shaw, my provider here in Vancouver BC Canada, is a full season behind the American airing schedule. I'm wondering if any of the DirecTivo users in this forum who get USA Network via Satellite would be willing to record the episode for me. The episode is called "Saved" (#4.11), and I appear in a small principal role opposite Anthony Michael Hall and Elisha Cuthbert. I'm putting together a demo reel for Vancouver casting directors this week, and I'd like to add the Dead Zone episode as soon as I can get ahold of it.

I wouldn't need the entire episode, just the one short scene in which I appear. Picture quality is important for the reel, so I'd like to find someone with the equipment and know-how to make a true digital recording, cut out the relevant clip, and encode it into a lossless (or near-lossless) format. If you're able and willing to do this, I could set up a temporary FTP server on my computer and create an account into which you could log in and upload the file.

I have found a couple of people willing and able to record the episode, but they either get USA Network from an analog source as part of a cable bundle (the PQ will degrade with the conversion to digital when recorded to their PVR) or they get a digital feed from a satellite connection but use a Replay device to make their recordings (recordings to their Replay are first converted to analogue and then back to digital, compromising the picture). I'd like to get as close to DVD quality as possible so that this clip matches the quality of the rest of my reel.

Let me know if you think you might be able to help! I'd be grateful for any assistance I can get with this.
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page