6412 recording/pvr options - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-08-2005, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there any way to change recording options, or a hidden options menu? I looked through the diagnosic menu, couldn't find anything other than mostly just information

Couple nights ago I was watching a recorded clip, and I went to start another one, and in the split second after my finger was about to hit the ok button to start the other one, the dialog box popped up asking if I wanted to delete the recording that I was watching, and my hitting OK deleted it!

Fortunetly it wasn't a big deal, but it could have been. Plus there was an HD channel on, so there is more of a delay in the response time for pressing a button.

Anyone know of a way to change options like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-10-2005, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak3883
Is there any way to change recording options, or a hidden options menu? I looked through the diagnosic menu, couldn't find anything other than mostly just information

Couple nights ago I was watching a recorded clip, and I went to start another one, and in the split second after my finger was about to hit the ok button to start the other one, the dialog box popped up asking if I wanted to delete the recording that I was watching, and my hitting OK deleted it!

Fortunetly it wasn't a big deal, but it could have been. Plus there was an HD channel on, so there is more of a delay in the response time for pressing a button.

Anyone know of a way to change options like this?
There are options to change some recording settings, but you you did not specify what setting you would like to change?

---------------------------
Comcast of Lebanon PA.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-12-2005, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

My main thing is that when it asks if you want to delete something permanently, DELETE is highlighted right away, shouldn't it be the other way around, DON'T DELETE first, as a precaution? I doubt that can be changed, and maybe addressed in a firmware upgrade?

Also, say you want to record 1 minute of a show. If you have been watching the snow from the beginning, when you hit record, it will record the ENTIRE show, since it has everything back to the beginning in it's buffer. Is there a way to change that? I have found the workaround to change the channel up one, then back to clear the buffer, then hit record. However, if you want to record something that instant, you have to wait a few seconds to go up a channel and back down, and for it to start recording.
post #4 of 4 Old 09-12-2005, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak3883
My main thing is that when it asks if you want to delete something permanently, DELETE is highlighted right away, shouldn't it be the other way around, DON'T DELETE first, as a precaution? I doubt that can be changed, and maybe addressed in a firmware upgrade?

Also, say you want to record 1 minute of a show. If you have been watching the snow from the beginning, when you hit record, it will record the ENTIRE show, since it has everything back to the beginning in it's buffer. Is there a way to change that? I have found the workaround to change the channel up one, then back to clear the buffer, then hit record. However, if you want to record something that instant, you have to wait a few seconds to go up a channel and back down, and for it to start recording.
1. Correct it can not be changed except by firmware.

2. You answered your own question with the only solution.

---------------------------
Comcast of Lebanon PA.
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page