Motorola 6412 overrides cancelled recordings? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-21-2005, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got a 6412 from Comcast after (unhappily) giving up my DirecTivo.

When I go through the Scheduled Recordings list and cancel certain shows I don't want recorded, the icon next to the title changes from a red dot to a red dot with a line through it (DirecTivo just deletes the title from the list). The problem is when I come home, the 6412 has recorded some of those programs anyway (not all, but some).

Anyone else ever have this problem? It would be an issue for me as I'd have to completely reorganize my Series Priority List. :p
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-21-2005, 04:44 PM

I've only noticed that my dvr does it if I have the show set up as a series recording. If I cancel the recording, it puts a slash through it instead of deleting it. Then, if I decide to record something else at the same time (not a series recording) and then change my mind not to record it, the dvr re-enables the recording for the cancelled series recording. I hope that this makes sense to you. If so, does this sound like what's happening?

The biggest thing that bugs me is when a recording gets interrupted and then appears as a blank recording made in 1989. :rolleyes:
post #3 of 4 Old 09-22-2005, 06:07 AM - Thread Starter

That is sort of what's happening - it re-enables some cancelled recordings if the show is in my Series Recording list. However, it only does it for some shows and not others. For example, I have Surreal Life and the Daily Show both on my list, both set up for First Run Only recordings. If I cancel the Daily Show, it stays cancelled. But if I cancel Surreal Life, it records it anyway. It recorded the same episode where the chick pulls the knife out 3 times this week. :p
post #4 of 4 Old 09-23-2005, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatpants
That is sort of what's happening - it re-enables some cancelled recordings if the show is in my Series Recording list. However, it only does it for some shows and not others. For example, I have Surreal Life and the Daily Show both on my list, both set up for First Run Only recordings. If I cancel the Daily Show, it stays cancelled. But if I cancel Surreal Life, it records it anyway. It recorded the same episode where the chick pulls the knife out 3 times this week. :p
If you have it set up for First Run Only, I don't know why it's taping the same show three times. Maybe there's something screwed up with the programming from the station that's telling the box that these are different shows when they are in fact the same episode.

The only time that I ran into this problem was when I had a series recording set, then cancelled it to watch something else, but then decided to cancel the the show that I was going to tape in its place. Whenever I cancelled the show that I was going to record in its place, the box automatically wanted to record the original series recording show again even though I had cancelled the particular recording of the show. I hope that this makes sense. It's hard to keep straight.

One thing that I've learned about the 6412 is that it has a lot of quirks (audio cut outs, audio speed irregularities, taping snafu's, etc..). I don't know if it's the technology or if it's because it's a Motorola, it's a POS. That said, I love the technology! It's as revolutionary to me as color tv or the wireless remote control.
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page