How do I hook up a dvd recorder to the Motorola 6412? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-21-2005, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just purchased a Lite-on dvd recorder because I wanted to permanently save programs recorded to my dvr (Motorola 6412). How are people setting up a dvd recorder with this dvr?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-22-2005, 06:20 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsiveone
I just purchased a Lite-on dvd recorder because I wanted to permanently save programs recorded to my dvr (Motorola 6412). How are people setting up a dvd recorder with this dvr?
If you're not using the S-Video output (or Composite Video output) then you should be able to output a 480i signal to the S-Video input on your DVD recorder. I think the 6412 only has one set of Audio Output jacks so you'll probably have to split these to run to your TV and DVD player.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR605, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #3 of 5 Old 09-23-2005, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters
If you're not using the S-Video output (or Composite Video output) then you should be able to output a 480i signal to the S-Video input on your DVD recorder. I think the 6412 only has one set of Audio Output jacks so you'll probably have to split these to run to your TV and DVD player.
Thanks for the reply! It has a rca video out as well as an S-video, so video isn't the problem. It's the audio since the 6412 only has one audio out.

Can I split the audio output using a y-splitter? Is there any other solution to splitting the audio? This will probably hurt sound quality as well. I guess I could remove the y-splitter for when I'm not recording shows. I only want to save recorded shows stored on my dvr. I have no interest in recording shows live from the 6412 to the dvd recorder.

I wonder if I could temporarily hook up the audio out on the 6412 to the dvd recorder instead of having audio out hooked up to the tv. I wouldn't get any sound from the tv from the dvr while recording, but I should be getting sound to the dvd recorder from the dvr to record the shows.

Thanks again!

Chris
post #4 of 5 Old 09-25-2005, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Update: I got it worked out. Since the 6412 has more than one video out, but only has only one set of audio out, I bought a set of decent quality monster audio rca 1m 2f y-splitters, so I could split the sound from my tv and the dvd recorder.

I originally unhooked the audio from the tv and hooked it up to the audio on the dvd recorder, but I had to have the dvd recorder turned on and watch tv through the dvd recorder's tuner in order to get sound.

Thanks again for you help.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-04-2005, 12:27 PM

how is the picture quality via s-video? is it worse then original DVR recording?
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page