I've had a Motorola DCT-6412 for about 2 months and have a number of problems that I'd like to see if other people are experiencing:
1. Series recordings set for a HDTV channel (e.g., local NBC) are changed to the analog channel in the series recording. I have it set to "just this channel" but this has happened multiple times with all the series recordings on HDTV channels.
2. In the last few days, several recordings were shifed one hour later which either missed the show entirely (or missed part of a movie).
3. There have been a few random recordings that have been saved?
4. If the power is cycled (unplug the box), all the program guide information is lost and it takes several days to recover from local cable company.
5. Our local cable company only provides 4 days of program guide (is this normal or can the DCT-6412 handle more than 4 days)?
The S/W version listed is 71.44-1203 and the firmware version is 09.19. Not sure if those are the current versions for the DCT-6412. Any help would be appreciated as my local cable company doesn't seem too knowledgable about these boxes.