Comcast DCT6412 III DVR Help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-19-2005, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a DCT 6412 III DVR with Comcast in Philadelphia and a Marantz SR5500 surround sound receiver. My DVR will not record anything in Dolby Digital for some reason. I have tried 2 different cable boxes and I am still having the same problem. For example, when I am watching something in Dolby Digital and hit pause on my DVR the audio and video stops. When I return to my program the surround mode changes from 5.1 Digital to 2 channel stereo and I get a "PCM" light on my receiver?

Also everything I record on my DVR records in 2 channel PCM?

How can I fix this? Is the problem the cable box or receiver?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-14-2005, 08:22 PM

Anyone have any solution to this issue? I just got my Comcast DVR today and noticed the exact same thing!.

Thanks!
Brian.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-18-2005, 09:01 AM

It is a problem with the firmware on the box. I have insight and had the same problem but my firmware has been updated since then. I have firmware 12.22 I believe which is the known firmware update that fixes the problem you have. Common problem that many people are waiting for their cable companies to get off the behinds and make it right. The whole deal with DD not working correctly had me so fired up with my cable company I can hardly type this post without getting a little pissed about it.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-18-2005, 04:13 PM

Thanks for the update.. I finally discovered a workaround after many hours of research on this issue. Right now I'm using the Optical for Audio like I've always done but for video I'm using the Component Cables instead of the HDMI. Seems the quality is still very high.. Doubtful that I can tell the difference but at least my 5.1 is not dropping out when I pause, resume, etc. My Firmware is 12.18 ohhh So close but when I called comcast they didn't seem to know jack about any firmware updates.

B.
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page