Motorola DCT6412 Phase 3 Freeze - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-02-2005, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys,

I did a search but didn't find anything, I got a DCT 6412 Phase 3 box a week ago and it been working fine but a couple of days ago as well as tonite i was watching a movie and the screen froze but it came back in about a minute but then it happen again and this time i had to change the channel in order for it to do anything. Then of course i lost the buffer so i miss some of the movie i was watching. Then i was watching a recorded movie and it did the same thing 2 times. The 1st time i just hit exit and when back to tv and then back to my DVR and it went fine again but then 10 min later it froze again and this time i got a message said "Unable to process please try again if it continue please call cable operator CODE-OTH" so i hit exit went back and then resume again. Has anyone had or has this problem? Wonder how i can fix it?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-05-2005, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

I guess no one is experiencing the same problem as me. Thanks anyway
post #3 of 4 Old 11-15-2005, 08:19 PM

I'm on my third (or is it fourth) 6412-III and so far so good, but the last one did freeze, did lose buffers, and would show red "progress bars" on everything recorded until rebooted. The best, most frequent "trick" was that it would freeze 10-15 seconds of watching a live buffer - then start up again, which was no doubt increasing my mental instability.

One would think (!) that with enough people returning these marginal wonder-boxes from Motorola (whatever that means in today's "overseas electronics manufacturing world" (in other words, not the Motorola I knew as a kid decades ago... that Comcast would even go so far as to look into another supplier o' boxes. Guess not. It's a joke to stand in line at my local office with people holding defective 6412's and telling horror stories!
post #4 of 4 Old 11-26-2005, 07:31 AM

I am also experiencing problems with the motorola dct6412. In my case, when my tv is off, the cable box clicks on and off. You can see the time reset. Also, when watching, sometimes, the signal will get interupted for a split second.
I had my box replaced twice so far with no success. The cable co also resent the signal to the box to reset it a nyber of times. This last time, the cable man said he knew the problem, but could not fix it. It was the HDMI cable. He said all the boxes that use the HDMI connection were having the problem. We tested this on my box, by disconnecting the HDMI connection, and used the componet cables I have for my DVD connection and it fixed the problem. So, any of you guys having a similar problem, are you using the HDMI connection? Anyone else having this problem? Any fixes that are known?
bob
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page