Anyone have the Mediacom PVR - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-09-2005, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone have any info about the Mediacom cable PVR ? I am thinking about getting one i'm sure it's not as nice as my Tivo but it would be nice to not have the ir blaster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-10-2005, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaeger
Does anyone have any info about the Mediacom cable PVR ? I am thinking about getting one i'm sure it's not as nice as my Tivo but it would be nice to not have the ir blaster.
I have had a Mediacom PVR DCT6412 since last December and really enjoy it. I use it every day. I wish though the HD were bigger but I just purchased a firewire card and cable and hope to get that to work to transfer my non-protected videos to my computer. It has a 120Gb HD and will hold quite a bit but more is always better. I find myself or my wife always have to delete some stuff to make room for more. If you only store digital content you can get a lot more on as the stream is compressed and doesn't take as much space. Let me know if I can answer any more questions. Thanks,
Tracy :)

Mediacom HSI/Digital/Phone subscriber
post #3 of 3 Old 11-10-2005, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply.

What I want to know is when you tell it to record a show everytime it's on does it record it no matter what time or channel it is on ? Also can you choose first run and repeats or first run only.

The other thing am wondering about is if it does any kind of suggestions where it records things it thinks you may like.

Pretty much how I use my tivo is I make season passes for the few shows I don't want to miss and I give thumbs up to everything else I like. Then I end up with a random selection of shows I like available to watch whenever I want.
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page