Dct6412 Error Codes - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-27-2005, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone help? I have a DCT6412 for comcast MD. Last night the unit began displaying 0000 code on the front of the screen. I tried a hard AC power down, with no changes. This morning the unit now displays FR 1 thru FR10 hunt, then says Eb11,eb02,eb07 then dl repeats the above sequence. I called tech support and they had no clue, other than the unit might be doing an SW update and recommended a tech visit. :(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2005, 01:30 PM

god help you, those idiots last thursday told me that they don't even have a dvr to give me.

thats right day 5 now with comcast in MD and no dual dvr, even tho they charged me for it.

i called rcn and got them to install last sunday (yesterday) so now i have dual tunner with rcn dct6412 pIII.

befor i drop stupid comcrap, i wanted to make sure rcn was good. had internet with rcn for the past 2 years and not lost connections or any problems once.

comcrap that is a different story.

drop comcast go with rcn.

having said that, i hope that your box is not screwed since they don't have another to give us and they don't know when they will either, and when i complained, i was told "if you don't like comcast then cacell your account" .

you can try this

Force your own update dct 6412

This is only for people having issues with their DCT 6412.
Issues this seems to fix are sound related issues, freezing issues, and dcts reading "8888".

Hold power and select while unplugging the dct.
Leave the dct unplugged for 30 secs while still holding power and select.
Plug the dct back in and release power and select.
The front panel will read:
fr
hunt
fr
hunt
dl
Once it reaches dl, do not disturb the dct for up to 2 hours while it downloads. This deletes all settings in the dct and you will lose any recorded programming. DO NOT use this to try and get a software update if your dct is working correctly as you may cause unnecessary problems to your dct by doing so. If after the dct finishes downloading the display stays black and the dct will not power on, unplug it and plug it back in and wait 1 hour, some dcts do not complete the download correctly the 1st time for an unknown reason.

***DO NOT USE ON A DCT THAT IS WORKING OK OR YOU MAY END UP WITH A DCT THAT DOES NOT WORK AT ALL!!!**

good luck
Old 11-29-2005, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Here is the correct instructions. You also DO NOT need to WAIT 30 sec. before plugging the power cord in...

To reset the 62xx - 64xx or 34xx STB follow these steps.

*** Be warned this will erase all STB Settings & Your Cable Account Info from the STB ***

*** This will not delete your DVR settings or Stored Shows on the Hard Drive. ***

Reset procedure

Step 1

Unplug Power Cord from STB.

Step 2

on the STB, Press & Hold {Power & Menu} Keys while plugging the Power Cord back into the STB.

The Display should now say (BOOT)

Step 3

Let Go of the {Power & Menu} Keys and press the up or down arrow keys till you see (n DL) on the Display.

Step 4

Push the {Select} Key To begin Downloading STB Firmware & Account Settings from your Cable Head End. Could take up to 20 min to download.

After it completes this Download the STB will Reset and then begin to download the Time setting info for the STB Clock & begin to populate the IGuide info. Keep your STB on Standby/Off to speed up the IGuide info download.
Could take up to 24 Hours to fill in all 2 weeks of IGuide info.

If you see the same thing as before, then it is unable to find the OOB Freq, and that indicates the STB is unable to Talk or listen to the Cable data stream.

scanpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by edklite
god help you, those idiots last thursday told me that they don't even have a dvr to give me.

thats right day 5 now with comcast in MD and no dual dvr, even tho they charged me for it.

i called rcn and got them to install last sunday (yesterday) so now i have dual tunner with rcn dct6412 pIII.

befor i drop stupid comcrap, i wanted to make sure rcn was good. had internet with rcn for the past 2 years and not lost connections or any problems once.

comcrap that is a different story.

drop comcast go with rcn.

having said that, i hope that your box is not screwed since they don't have another to give us and they don't know when they will either, and when i complained, i was told "if you don't like comcast then cacell your account" .

you can try this

Force your own update dct 6412

This is only for people having issues with their DCT 6412.
Issues this seems to fix are sound related issues, freezing issues, and dcts reading "8888".

Hold power and select while unplugging the dct.
Leave the dct unplugged for 30 secs while still holding power and select.
Plug the dct back in and release power and select.
The front panel will read:
fr
hunt
fr
hunt
dl
Once it reaches dl, do not disturb the dct for up to 2 hours while it downloads. This deletes all settings in the dct and you will lose any recorded programming. DO NOT use this to try and get a software update if your dct is working correctly as you may cause unnecessary problems to your dct by doing so. If after the dct finishes downloading the display stays black and the dct will not power on, unplug it and plug it back in and wait 1 hour, some dcts do not complete the download correctly the 1st time for an unknown reason.

***DO NOT USE ON A DCT THAT IS WORKING OK OR YOU MAY END UP WITH A DCT THAT DOES NOT WORK AT ALL!!!**

good luck

---------------------------
Comcast of Lebanon PA.