new comcast dvr dct3412?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-07-2005, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My 6412 was freezing so i returned it to get another phase three, and they gave me this box (DCT3412 phase 1), they said it was the newest one they have. it is smaller than the 6412 (no inputs on the front) but it does have HDMI and also in the setup menu there is an option to set up the audio on the hdmi out so i guess that may fix some of the problems people have been having with the audio via the HDMI... anyone know anything else about these boxes? it has been running bug free, i cant tell if the PQ is any better or worse... except the digital movie channels seem to look better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-07-2005, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

DCT-3412/3416 thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=604142

Motorola 34xx page:
http://broadband.motorola.com/catalo...?ProductID=435

The 3412 is an 'all digital' version of the 6412, for systems that have implemented analog/digital simulcast. Basically, the 3412 can't tune analog channels ... but with ADS all your analog channels are available as duplicated digital channels.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-17-2005, 01:24 PM

Helped someone out with their new 3412. Got them some HDMI cables to send DVR to their Elite VSX74 receiver and also for their Elite DV-59 to the receiver.

GREEN SCREEN! (from Comcast only...DVD was fine)

Comcast did help me find out this *is* newest DVR box. Also that I found the DVR does not like being REPEATED (gave error message that content cannot be copied through repeater...it sensed the Receiver and shut the signal down...to GREEN. Still sent audio).

So, unless you are going HDMI out only to your display (in this case a Pioneer 61" Plasma) and sending audio back, FUD on the HDMI of the receiver :(

So the Component/TOS out of the DCT3412 is fine, and the DV-59 HDMI out is working fine. Kinda still shows that you CANNOT just have one interface cable! (one to monitor, one from each device to the receiver).

Another note: the remote settings aren't recognized byt the Elite remote so...recommending a 880 or 890 Harmony. Hopefully the new codes for the DC3412 are at Logitech :rolleyes:
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page