pioneer 633 setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-01-2006, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been trying now for 0ne week to setup tv guide. phoned pioneer and tried again after they gave me a code (653214741) to use. but after waiting another 24 hrs still no data on screen. they said there might be another code if this didn't work. my cable box is changing channels constantly when the dvr is turned off. What is happening there?
is there a way to reset the unit so that i can start from the very beginning like when i take the pioneer 633 out the box for the first time. i maybe could have entered something wrong when first setting up machine.
Thanks all help appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just purchased this same unit a couple of days ago and had similar problems. I reset with the same code but no luck.

I finally figured out that the 633 was appending an ENTER after the channel number and messing up my cable box. Also Pioneer told me that the 633 was probably not compatible with my digital cable.

I connected a second cable line and connected directly to the 633 on RF IN and solved 90% of my problem. TVGOS setup fine and was up a running in about 8 hours but of course I can only record from the analog channels (1 - 99 in my area) using the TVGOS on RF IN. If I want to record digital channels I use L1 with out the IR blaster and just leave the cable box on the correct channel.

Not perfect but most of the shows I want to record on a regular basis are on the 1-99 channels.