Record to PC through tv tuner need help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-10-2006, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hope someone out there has done what I am trying to do. The concept is my computer as a DVR, but I'm running in to problems. I have a TV tuner card, and a spare cable box. I hook the cable box up to the coax input on the tv tuner card (ATI TV Wonder VE) I get video just fine, the problem is when I go in to the guide and want to tell it to record a channel it attempts to change the channel on the tv tuner card (which needs to stay on channel 3). What it should do it change the channel on the cable box.

Therein lies my problem. I need a way for my pc to be able to change the channel on my cable box when I tell it to record a program. I figure that this is probably not possible, but is there another way that I am missing? Does anyone else have this setup?

I can't put the coax directly in to the tv tuner (not using the cable box) because then it won't pick up all my channels.

Once I get the recording I plan to stream the video to my tv through my xbox 360. That part of the equation is working. If I can just get the video recorded to the pc...

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2006, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Your question is better suited for the Home Theater Computers forum: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=26

If you want maximum compatibility with the Xbo 360 you would want to look into getting Windows Media Center edtion 2005 and probably a new TV Tuner (PVR-150 is probably the most popular one).
Old 01-12-2006, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the response. I do have Media Center 2005 as my operating system, and I believe that I have found a solution to my problem. There is a remote for sale that can change the channel on my cable box supposedly. Thanks for the help.