Annoying Moto DCT 6412 III - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-14-2006, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Okay... I recently switched from Directv to Insight Digital Cable. With the digital cable i got HD and a Motorola DCT 6412 III dual tuner DVR. With directv i had a Tivo Directv DVR R10 and a Samsung SIR-TS360 HD receiver. I used tivo to record and the samsung to recieve HD. We got rid of directv because of the fact that we had to use rabbit ears to get local channels in HD. We had insight Digital cable with hd and the dual tuner installed and i absolutely hate the DVR. The menus in the Moto DCT 6412 III are hard to use and it is just annoying overall. Now i was trying to figure out if i could buy a series 2 tivo and use it with the cable. If i do this, how would i continue to get the HD channels? I dont want to switch back to Directv but i dont want to use the Moto DVR........Can anyone help me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-26-2006, 01:34 PM

It is just a matter of getting used to a new product. Just give it time.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-27-2006, 11:53 AM

The Motorola is really a piece of junk. I have comcast, and if you have the digital package they also send the analog package along with it so you should check to see that insight is sending thier analog signal to you as well as the digital. You basically have two choices, split the cable signal and put one into the tivo and one into the Motorola box. Then you can record just High def stuff on the Moto and record everything else on the TiVo. Or you can return the moto DVR get a HD tuner from insight and use the IR blaster to have the TiVo control the HD Tuner. You won't be able to record anything in high-def though. Just watch High-Def live. You will eventually get used to the Moto, I'm starting to not be constanlty annoyed with it.
post #4 of 6 Old 02-16-2006, 09:21 PM

Going from Tivo to the DCT 6412, I have to agree as well - the bugs, the user interface, etc. on the 6412 are truly annoying. All is not bad though - the dual HD tuners are nice, and... well the dual HD tuners are nice.

I can't wait for the series 3 Tivo box.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by btl-a4
split the cable signal and put one into the tivo and one into the Motorola box. Then you can record just High def stuff on the Moto and record everything else on the TiVo.

That's exactly what I currently have and for now it's my only real option, but as soon as the Series 3 comes out, the Moto goes back to Comcast.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-09-2006, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm123
Going from Tivo to the DCT 6412, I have to agree as well - the bugs, the user interface, etc. on the 6412 are truly annoying. All is not bad though - the dual HD tuners are nice, and... well the dual HD tuners are nice.

I can't wait for the series 3 Tivo box.
Bugs??? that's putting it mildly. I've tried for two weeks now to get a "series recording" of "Discoveries This Week" and every time I try to add it, the box freezes and locks up. I can record individual episodes, but I can't get a series recording.

oh well... and it just kills me that people think a DVR is a Tivo... if they only knew :(
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page