SA8000 Dimensions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-17-2006, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Looking for the L:W:H for this non-HD DVR.
All the online data sheets I can find have everything but the size/weight.

Thanks.

Built a new home, now filling it with sights and sounds!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-18-2006, 06:00 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasRaven
Looking for the L:W:H for this non-HD DVR.
All the online data sheets I can find have everything but the size/weight.
My SA8000 and SA8000HD is 17" wide x 3.5" high x 13.2" Deep (without cables attached). I don't know what it weighs, but it's a lot heavier than it looks.

I'm curious why you want this info - these units are obsolete and have been replaced by the smaller and uglier but much better performing SA8300 series. If by chance you're thinking of buying an old stolen one off Ebay or sumthing then don't because it will not function when removed from it's original network.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
post #3 of 4 Old 01-20-2006, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters
My SA8000 and SA8000HD is 17" wide x 3.5" high x 13.2" Deep (without cables attached). I don't know what it weighs, but it's a lot heavier than it looks.

I'm curious why you want this info - these units are obsolete and have been replaced by the smaller and uglier but much better performing SA8300 series. If by chance you're thinking of buying an old stolen one off Ebay or sumthing then don't because it will not function when removed from it's original network.
No plans for buying a stolen one. Cox Phoenix is still distributing 8000's as the non-HD DVR option. I currently have an 8300HD, but will probably go back to OTA-HD in my upcoming home, so I'll probably end up with an 8000 as my DVR.

I wanted the dimensions to plan whether my DVD player will need to be stacked on-top-of or below the 8000. I used to have one and remembered it being fairly large.

Thanks.

Built a new home, now filling it with sights and sounds!
post #4 of 4 Old 02-04-2006, 09:36 PM

Liked: 10
I am in the Cox phoenix area (Chandler to be exact), and they given me the Scientific Atlanta Explorer Atlanta 8300, which is the exact same size as the 8300HD. Also, when I went in to pay my bill, I saw piles of 8300SD boxes, so maybe they may give you one of those. (I went to pay in the Mesa office, off of Baseline road, and Cooper rd.) However, I am planning on getting rid of the DVR service, in favor of renting a second digital box. We can't afford to have DVR and the second digital box.
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page