DCT6412 HDMI Problems Continue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-09-2006, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
While it appears that Firmware version 12.27 has cleared up a lot of problems with using HDMI on the DCT6412, it appears to have introduced a new one - when the TV is turned on, it comes with no video (sometimes a green screen) and only audio. Cox has replaced the 6412 with no luck. Has anyone else seen this problem and any solutions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-16-2006, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a lot of problems with our Motorola DVR box from Comcast. I have gotten the green screen a lot. I have to turn it on and off, unplug it, etc, etc. Sometimes I get a message saying that the display doesn't appear to support the display mode or something to that effect.

That is why I was checking this board. I wanted to be sure it was a problem with the box and not my TV.

I also have audio problems. Somebody was saying that if you hit the cable button and then mute on the remote, it will unmute. I think I've tried this and it doesn't work. The only thing that seems to consistantly turn the sound back on is playing something recorded, then going back to live TV.

How did you upgrade firmware?

-Dave
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page