Somebody Please Help!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-14-2006, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I read somewhere that it is possible to use a cable company PVR with an FTA for recording...on that note not knowing much about the process I jump right into bcos I've wanted a PVR so bad it was beginning to hurt!

Anyways the PVR is here and I cant seem to know the proper configuration interms of cables and wires...I've tried every setting possible including the video inputs i.e the video input from the FTA(coolsat 4000) to the video input on the SA 8300(the PVR was issued by Rogers cable inc, I'm not sure if I have to clear their settings first or anything of such) and nothing worked.

I have tried running the cable coming from the diseqc switch straight to the PVR and from the PVR to the FTA receiver then from the FTA to the TV, it did get something but the signal got cut off..i mean like only 3% signal quality was showing on the TV without video or audio.

I was told that this forum is a DVR heaven just as I was asking around in the other sites...so I hope i will be recording soon...I will hack the box If I have to....just kindly forward me to a link where I can get a headstart(that is if the compatibility is even possible, I mean a PVR is a PVR regardless of the cable company, i think...with just a litte tweak I hope I can do something)

I dont know if I have to buy a device that will link them(FTA & PVR)so that I can see the PVR on the TV because the first solution will be if I can see the PVR guide on the TV...while at the same time be able to see my satellite....or if a the PVR remote can just control the coolsat receiver.

Anyways I know the Gurus here can tell where I'm coming from already.

thanks in advance for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-15-2006, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bump
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version