DCT6412 III HDMI won't work (sometimes) - Page 12 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #331 of 340 Old 06-05-2007, 10:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wow, Cox cable in RI just updated their dvr to firmware version 16.38. Finally I can hook up my dvr to my yamaha 6090 with hdmi. Back a few months ago I complained and got to talk to a supervisor and she promised it would be in late March to April, I guess better late than never. Finally an all hdmi setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 340 Old 06-06-2007, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paesan View Post

Wow, Cox cable in RI just updated their dvr to firmware version 16.38. Finally I can hook up my dvr to my yamaha 6090 with hdmi. Back a few months ago I complained and got to talk to a supervisor and she promised it would be in late March to April, I guess better late than never. Finally an all hdmi setup.

It's been more than 15 months since we started this thread, but based on this post and a few others recently it sounds like most cable systems are finally getting up to date with later firmware/software that allows connection to HDCP repeaters. That's great to hear! Hang in there those of you who haven't been upgraded yet. Sounds like progress is coming more and more quickly. Maybe someday soon we can close down this thread and ALL just simply enjoy the advantages of an 100% digital HT setup.
post #333 of 340 Old 06-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Suddenlink in Pflugerville Texas has updated customer boxes with 16.35. I like some of the new features (bold letters on unwatched recordings, grouping recordings and iGuide sort options). I don't like the extra confirmation dialog box to delete a recorded show.

-- David
post #334 of 340 Old 06-15-2007, 02:10 PM

Now that we all have the proper firmware version I have ran into another issue. While I am waiting on a response from Time Warner I was wondering if anyone had a solution. It looks like my hdmi port has been disabled through software. Whenever i go into the setup menu under dvi/hdmi it shows the port as turned off. Does anyone know if there is a code to reactivate the port.

Thanks,
post #335 of 340 Old 06-16-2007, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex1080 View Post

Now that we all have the proper firmware version I have ran into another issue. While I am waiting on a response from Time Warner I was wondering if anyone had a solution. It looks like my hdmi port has been disabled through software. Whenever i go into the setup menu under dvi/hdmi it shows the port as turned off. Does anyone know if there is a code to reactivate the port.

I haven't had to do anything to mine, so can't answer directly. But maybe a post in the official 6412 thread would get more eyeballs on the problem and possibly a better response.
post #336 of 340 Old 07-28-2007, 06:42 PM

Today COX dropped off a DCT6412 III and HDMI does not work with my Westinghouse 42" 1080p LCD - it says something about HDCP Authentication Failed. Do I have any hope? The firmware is 16.38. I also wanted to mention that I just moved so I had to switch from Time Warner, I believe I previously had a 6412 (looked the same) and HDMI worked just fine!
post #337 of 340 Old 07-30-2007, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippoMan View Post

Today COX dropped off a DCT6412 III and HDMI does not work with my Westinghouse 42" 1080p LCD - it says something about HDCP Authentication Failed. Do I have any hope? The firmware is 16.38. I also wanted to mention that I just moved so I had to switch from Time Warner, I believe I previously had a 6412 (looked the same) and HDMI worked just fine!

Well I tried everything and finally gave up. I went to a COX store and traded in my old 6412 for a brand spanking new 3416 - this thing looks awesome and HDMI works like a champ! They said it came out last week.

post #338 of 340 Old 11-19-2007, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlink View Post

I have the Onkyo TX-SR604, and I get the same delay. I typically only see it when I go from an HD broadcast to a non-HD broadcast or vice-versa. But I sometimes "lose signal" for as much as 5 seconds or so when I'm skipping forward on a recorded or time-shifted program.

I have a friend who just hooked up his Comcast box and Pioneer HTR via HDMI, and he's reported similar delays.

Did you ever get this working?

I just tried setting this up with my brother this afternoon, and we got lost signals pretty randomly when flipping channels. This was with the Onkyo TX-SR604 and a Samsung HL-S5087W TV.
post #339 of 340 Old 12-10-2007, 11:31 PM

I have the 6400 Motorola set top box running 16.35. When I try to connect it to Onkyo 605 receiver via DVI/HDMI cable, I still get the HDCP Repeater error: http://i1.tinypic.com/2yv4g9x.jpg

Any suggestions?
post #340 of 340 Old 12-11-2007, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernomorez View Post

I have the 6400 Motorola set top box running 16.35. When I try to connect it to Onkyo 605 receiver via DVI/HDMI cable, I still get the HDCP Repeater error: http://i1.tinypic.com/2yv4g9x.jpg

Any suggestions?

That's strange for FW 16.35. I don't have the Onkyo so can't be of much help other than to suggest all the normal troubleshooting actions which you have probably already tried. Cold boot the Moto box, check the HDMI cable, call Onkyo to see if they have it as a known issue (perhaps a firmware upgrade is needed for the Onkyo?), etc.

This thread is pretty much dead so you might get more/better answers in either the official Moto 6412 thread or the Onkyo 605 owners thread. Good luck.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page