AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

DCT6412 III Turns itself off

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  placenta 
#1 ·
For over a week my new 6412 turns itself off every 24-48 hours. When off, it won't record. When I turn it back on, my recorded shows can't be found. I then have to disconnect the power and reconnect. Then my recorded shows are listed. Comcast says it's not the box. Anyone ever experience this problem?

#2 ·
A few guys have reported the unit turning off on them, but usually not for such a long period of time. I would just return the unit to Comcast and get another one. That is the one advantage to renting the units. I wouldn't be at all surprised if your box was messed up.

#3 ·
I have this exact issue. My same model box shuts off by itself right in the middle of using it. But mine seems to happen when my recordings end. Then i just turn it back on.

Ps, this is the 3rd box of this model i am trying.. at least this one doesnt freeze for 2 mins at a time...

#5 ·
DOOD!! I had that exact problem this week!! I thought my Philips 37" died.. I saw the comcast titel bar on bottom.. but no image.. finally i clicked play to watch one of DVRs while i bummed.. then when i ended I had my TV image back for live TV.. GLAD it wasnt my TVs.. but i got a 4 yr plan on both of them anyway. Both the Philips 37".

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.