TV output to PC for recording? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-19-2006, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm a new college grad who needs..er...wants some new toys, so i've spent the last two months reading up on HD TVs and home audio. That selection process is done...now the new dilemma is the ability to record my HD TV. Direct TV wants an arm and a leg for an HD DVR.. $400 up front and $6 to lease the darn thing..which of course has a finite capactiy (i dont think i can back up shows to DVD if i want).... is there not a better way?!

I plan to purchase the 2006 60'' Sony SXRD Lcos HDTV that will release in July or August which, from what I understand, will have both an HDMI and Firewire output on it. I imagine it will be able to ouput 1080p since it can accept 1080p. Does this mean that i will be able to output my HD TV to a PC for recordings in 1920x1080p? It would seem to make sense via the HDMI.. not sure about the firewire... but i am a noob when it comes to digital recordings.

Please advise.... i won't be able to think of anything else til someone lets me know! I pray this isnt another dead end like Vista and Cablecard seem to be...

If you have no definitive answers.. can you at least point me in the right direction for recording HD signals from Direct TV
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page