Great to Bad Sound! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-06-2006, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the Pioneer 510H DVR and I notice how my surround sound system had dissipated when playing through it. When playing through my Jukebox CD system or VCR before the DVR which is also connected to my A/V Receiver the Surround Sound was still there. And now I have Connected a Comcast Digital Cable box Hookup an it has worsened even more so, where my rear Surround Speakers have declined in velocity even farther! Thinking that both digital Main sources would bring in Dynamite Surround, Bass, and full room reaction even better than before; It has been a total Audio disappointment.

Not being a person who is very smart on Hookups; I experimented with every imaginable interchangeable hookup possible with absolutely no results. The Picture is beautiful in every respect through the Pioneer 510H DVR which was my intention, but the Sound is like a 1920’s Radio show, with the Bass of a barely audible Thud! I’ve had to turn my Volume Up almost 50% since the Digital Cable box Hookup!

PRESENT SETTINGS:
I have the Source Cable from the wall going into the Comcast digital cable box’s (IN) connector/A single black cable wire from the Digital Cable box’s (Out) connector /going Into the Pioneer 510H DVR’S (IN) connector /A single black cable wire going from my DVR’s (OUT) connector/going into my added on Hi-Fi VCR’S (IN) connector/A single red, white & yellow (left, right, audio video) going from my VCR’S (OUT) connector/ into my A/V Surround Sound’s (left, right, audio video) (IN) connector!

Is there a disruption through the Digital DVR or Digital CABLE BOX that I don’t know of? I Called COMCAST and they know absolutely nothing in reference to this new DVR or their CABLE BOX Sound system for that matter .

Love the Picture, But miss the Sound!
How do I get the Surround Sound back or can I get it back?

Thanks
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page