Help: DCT6412 III HDMI doesn't display correctly - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-06-2006, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All, I'm having some troubles with my 6412 phase 3. "I don't have the firmware revision offhand" It does have the tvguide software in it.

I recently got in on the warehouse deal for the vizio 42in. All was going well with composite hookups till my HDMI cable came in. I disconnected composite and plugged in the HDMI. Turned on the set and no matter what I do "including resetting tv to defaults or rebooting cable box etc" makes my screen go full size "edge to edge" Now whats really odd is I disconnected HDMI and connected Composites again and I get exactly the same problem. So currently all I have for inputs that will let me fill screen is S-video and I really notice a difference there.

Any ideas? I've tried zoom/panoramic/stretch etc all the modes in HDMI or Composite don't seem to work correctly "i.e correct shape but not fill screen"

Thanks for any input, I'm not super familiar with all this stuff yet.. so holler if I'm missing something!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-27-2006, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
To the orginal poster, if you ever visit this site anymore (I have been a lurker for as long as I can remember because I have been able to search and find anything I need.)

But I am having what I would consider the exact same issue. If anyone else has seen this please comment!!!

Here's a link to my symptoms with a brand new Samsung 32" LCD
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post7566143
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page