more 6416 woes - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-08-2006, 03:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Now my 6412 has forgotten that it is a DVR. I turned on my TV and got a message stating that my dvr was full and I need to delete some programs. First off it's not full it was at 29% last I looked and maybe had 2 programs to record since I looked at it last. I go ahead and hit ok and then it pops up the dvr menu and shows no programs recorded at all. I power down, no effect, then I unplug for 20 seconds and now the DVR funtion is completely gone. If I hit the menu button DVR isn't even an option. The mydvr button doesn't do anything either. Had Comcast reset the box twice to no avail. So now I have to switch out the unit and reprogram all my shows. What a pain in the a**. Anyone else have this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-08-2006, 12:50 PM

What software is running on your 6412 or 6416? Saying it's from Comcast isn't saying much.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-08-2006, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

I wasn't looking for a resolution. My problem will be solved with a new DVR. Just wondering if anyone else regardless of software version had this problem.
post #4 of 5 Old 04-08-2006, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btl-a4
I wasn't looking for a resolution. My problem will be solved with a new DVR. Just wondering if anyone else regardless of software version had this problem.
Uhh, it makes a pretty big difference what software is running on the box. The DCT-6412 for instance could be running at least iGuide from TV Guide/Gemstar, Passport from Pioneer or MSTV from Microsoft [not likely].

Go to http://broadband.motorola.com/dvr/dc...media_demo.asp and click on Interactive Program Guide on the right to see what I'm talking about.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-11-2006, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter

So I returned the 6412. Got it running again after a 10 minute poweroff, but everything that recorded was stuttering. My guess is a bad HD. So they gave me a 3412. Get it home and all of the channels are messed up. Getting a music channel usually channel 912 on channel 32. Called them they said they would reset, never did. On the plus side I'm getting Showtime, Cinemax, Starz, and TMC for free. I may just live without the DVR and use my Tivo so I can keep all these channels.
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page