DCT6416 remote question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 04-25-2006, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys. Just got my 6416 unit today and i am used to my tivo remote. I would love to have the 30 second skip (please tell me this is possible) and I would also like to remap the fast forward, rewind, and play buttons to the arrow keys like the tivo. Is there anyway to do either of these things?

Thanks a ton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-25-2006, 10:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadcooney21 View Post

Hey guys. Just got my 6416 unit today and i am used to my tivo remote. I would love to have the 30 second skip (please tell me this is possible) and I would also like to remap the fast forward, rewind, and play buttons to the arrow keys like the tivo. Is there anyway to do either of these things?

Thanks a ton

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_...ing_the_Remote
post #3 of 11 Old 04-26-2006, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

hmmm. that didnt work. any other ideas?
post #4 of 11 Old 04-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Advanced Member

The 30 second skip or the remap? Sorry about that, they must have changed something. The 30 sec. skip works on my 6412 and the FF and Rew. are already on the arrow keys.
post #5 of 11 Old 05-08-2006, 07:00 PM

Below are the instructions from the link that Cherry Ghost posted. Did you use 00173, you might also want to try just the 173 code. Also did the remotes cable button blink twice after you hit the setup button and then twicwe again after you typed in the code 994? I have the 6412 and this is what I used below.

Add 30-Second Skip

The following technique can be used to map an unused or unneeded button on the "silver" remote to the 30-second skip command. Current versions of the i-Guide software will skip forward 30 seconds into a recording when this command is sent. A good choice is the 'A / Lock' button since many users don't need that function; you can feel both the '15-second-back' and '30-second-skip' buttons with one finger and move between them without looking. Another option is to reprogram the '15-second back' button, since PgDn already provides that functionality.

1. Press the "Cable" button at the top of the remote to put it into Cable Box control mode.
2. Press and hold the "Setup" button until the "Cable" button blinks twice.
3. Type in the code 994. The "Cable" button will blink twice.
4. Press (do not hold) the "Setup" button.
5. Type in the code 00173.
6. Press whatever button you want to map the 30-second skip command to (ex: A / Lock). The "Cable" button will blink twice if successful.
post #6 of 11 Old 11-06-2006, 08:59 PM

i own a 6416. i followed the instructions in this post, as well as on the link provided.. i was not able to get my 6416 phase III to respond to the 30 second skip feature. i did sucessfully re-mape the mute function and a few other functions to my "live" tv button, but, when mapping the 30 sec skip, the remote appears to accept the programming, and the DVR "recieve" led lights up when pressing the re-mapped key, but the dvr fails to skip forward. (yes i made sure to try it with previously recorded programming). any further suggestions? of is the 6416 simply designed not to respond to this code? this appears to be the most likely answer.. TIA

::EDIT:: i have cox with passport echo, in this post:

Code:
avsforum.c0m/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=642840
(replace c0m with com)

someone briefly mentions that passport does not support the 30 sec skip, but does not back this up in any way. i'm still looking but open for suggestions!
post #7 of 11 Old 11-16-2006, 12:18 PM

I just followed the above instructions re programming my new dct6416 and it worked perfectly. Go figure!

I'm a frustrated TiVo user and I was delighted to find a 30 second jump. I'm using TWCable in Southern California.

Any other tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
post #8 of 11 Old 11-22-2006, 06:08 AM

I'm using a one-for-all 8820 remote with a Motorola 6416 III. FWIW the 30 second foward skip works out of the box with this remote.

I'm at TWC LA. The display is a Sony - Costco 46" 1080 TV.
The video is HDMI to the set and the audio goes to a Panasonic SX-55 via digital input.

I've also got a ReplayTV in the same setup. I record SD on the Replay TV and HD on the 6416.

Everything works well except for very rare reboots and audio dropouts.

Maybe I'm easy but despite the criticism of TWC in LA, I've had no issues with them during the Adelphia conversion. Even the SD looks OK to me. I wish I could add an external drive to the 6416 however. I connected an external hard drive to a friends SA TWC box in New York and it worked like a charm.
post #9 of 11 Old 04-04-2007, 02:47 PM

I have an unrelated question about the dc6416, but I'm not sure how to post it. Can you help me?

thanks
post #10 of 11 Old 06-09-2007, 03:16 PM

I just got one of these 160GB Motorola 6416 DVRs after being disgusted with my Toshiba XS34 DVDR. Anyway, what I would like to know is how to go directly to a time within the show. Say for instance; I would like to go directly to 22 minutes into the show and I'm 6 minutes into it. How is this done or can it?

Could you also reprogram the replay button to go from 15 to 10 seconds?

By the way, I have the Atlas 5 DVR Remote and cannot get the 30 second skip to work on it.

Thanks

-Willie
post #11 of 11 Old 06-09-2007, 03:22 PM

Start a new thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-S View Post

I have an unrelated question about the dc6416, but I'm not sure how to post it. Can you help me?

thanks

-Willie
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page