Help with PIP hook-up using DCT6412III - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 05-10-2006, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How is the best way to hook up DCT to Samsung HLN507W HD TV which enables the PIP feature? I have the DRC800 Remote and Mediacom Cable. For main viewing I use component (Y Pb Pr) output from DCT to TV component input. I tried the DCT coaxial output hooked to TV ant A or B but no go. To reduce the possible degradation of my HD signal, I was hoping not to have to use a splitter on the main cable input from the street. I prefer to tap an output on the STB for the PIP function if possible. Help.
Thanks, Ross

Hokie56

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-04-2006, 10:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Not possible in the way that you want. The box will output the same signal on all outputs. Change the channel on one pip feed and you change it on the other (which defeats the purpose).

The ONLY way to do it is to split the cable and send one to your box and 1 (or 2 with A and B) to your tv.

If you don't want signal degradation, you can get an amplifier. (I got one from Insight whom I'm with.) If you buy one from somewone other than your cable company make sure it works on frequencies > 950 Mhz. I think it needs to go to 2000.

If you have a cable modem make sure you split off for that BEFORE you amplify the signal!!!
post #3 of 7 Old 07-10-2006, 04:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post

Not possible in the way that you want. The box will output the same signal on all outputs. Change the channel on one pip feed and you change it on the other (which defeats the purpose).
Snip-Snip

If you have a cable modem make sure you split off for that BEFORE you amplify the signal!!!

Thanks for reply. I will try a splitter and amp to see if HD goes south. My digital source (MediaCom) is marginal at best. Changed STB, no improvement. I get audio hic ups, tiling, or video blocks constantly. I am in a new SD new house, new RG6. If I could get local network HD from satellite I would switch. Thanks again for reply.

Hokie56

post #4 of 7 Old 07-10-2006, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

No prob, let me know if you have trouble getting the amp. I can get one from Insight for you.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-14-2006, 02:32 PM

Hmmm ... even though I did a search, I did not see this post before I made a similar one yesterday.

But to get a little clarification on the answer: this box has two tuners, but there is no way to get one channel on HDMI and another on YPbPr, diverting one to Main and one to PIP?

And my DCT remote has several PIP controls (such as On/Off and Channel Up/Down), but they have no effect at all that I can see. Is that normal?
post #6 of 7 Old 07-17-2006, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfmason View Post

But to get a little clarification on the answer: this box has two tuners, but there is no way to get one channel on HDMI and another on YPbPr, diverting one to Main and one to PIP?

Not possible, sorry. I wish it were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfmason View Post

And my DCT remote has several PIP controls (such as On/Off and Channel Up/Down), but they have no effect at all that I can see. Is that normal?

The "Swap" button should switch between the 2 tuners but that is the only functioning button. If you start a recording on a channel, you should be able to hit the swap button to switch to the other tuner then change the channel without affecting your recording.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-22-2007, 04:07 AM

hi vladd.I got my hitachi55 hdx 99 last month and i havent really find a way to use the pip feature,i know its a single tuner.I want the motoralla cable and the sattelite dish to be on at the same time.Kindly help me out please.

DESPERADO
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page