SA8300HD - Watching same show & rec - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-11-2006, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It is driving me nuts. The show will start at 8:00pm and begin the recording. Sometimes about 3/4 the way into the show we may sit and begin watching it. Unless there is something I dunno, I must rewind the entire show to see it from the beginning. That was the first problem.

Then while watching the recorded show from the beginning while still recording it the DVR will stop what I am watching when it finishes recording. This requires me to begin the playback again and then fast forward to the spot I was at when the DVR was finished recording.

Did I confuse anyone? The only solution I can find to both of these problems is just wait until the show is finished recording then watch it.

Any ideas?
Running SARA Version 1.87.16.1
Should I put this in HDTV Recorders forum?

V
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-11-2006, 02:12 PM

To avoid confusion, you should indicate what software is running on it. I believe yours could be running SARA or Passport.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-11-2006, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Sorry...Updated above
SARA 1.87.16.1
post #4 of 4 Old 06-28-2006, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Houston, Texas Comcast SA 8300HD DVRs Guide S25 Phase 1 with Patch
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhato
It is driving me nuts. The show will start at 8:00pm and begin the recording. Sometimes about 3/4 the way into the show we may sit and begin watching it. Unless there is something I dunno, I must rewind the entire show to see it from the beginning. That was the first problem.

Then while watching the recorded show from the beginning while still recording it the DVR will stop what I am watching when it finishes recording. This requires me to begin the playback again and then fast forward to the spot I was at when the DVR was finished recording.

Did I confuse anyone? The only solution I can find to both of these problems is just wait until the show is finished recording then watch it.

Any ideas?
Running SARA Version 1.87.16.1
Should I put this in HDTV Recorders forum?

V
It is better to post in the HDTV Recorders forum and specifically the SA 8300 HD Tips & Tricks -- SARA thread. Click here to go to the first post in that thread which has lots of good information including the following section.

Watch A Recording In Progress. Stop the current recording and save it (usually during a commercial). Then start a "new" recording to finish the program by pressing the Record button and then press the Pause button. You can now view the first part from the beginning and then view the second part, either in progress or from the beginning after it finishes. While it is annoying to divide the recording into segments, at least you can easily skip to the beginning without rewinding, certainly a useful feature for time-shifting.

NOTE: See New Features In 1.88.x.x near end of post.
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page