SA 8300HD DVR remote access - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-16-2006, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there a way to access my DVR remotely to schedule a recording if I forgot to schedule it? Can I get to my DVR via the Web?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-16-2006, 03:43 PM

no
post #3 of 5 Old 06-16-2006, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Too bad. That would be a great feature. I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to login to my DVR to tell it to record something I forgot to setup.

Thanks for the quick reply. :D
post #4 of 5 Old 06-28-2006, 09:51 AM

You can totally access your DVR remotely using the Slingbox. It's a small device that you hook up to your DVR and your internet router. It allows you to watch your DVR programming from anywhere that you have an Internet connection. The setup is pretty simple. You must have a high speed internet connection and a router to access your DVR outside of your own network. You can install the software on any computer and use a Finder ID and password to locate your slingbox and control you DVR from anywhere. They have a mobile version of the software too so you can access your DVR from a Windows Mobile 5.0 based phone. It is the best product I have purchased in a LOOOONG time and it works great with the 8300HD. It has all of the remote control functions including list, abc buttons, etc. Cheap as hell too and no subscription fees ($249 max price, Costco has it for $199). Check out the website of hit me up if you have any questions about it. But using this, I can set up recordings that I forgot about anytime, from my cell phone (T-Mobile MDA).
post #5 of 5 Old 07-04-2006, 05:40 PM

Be carefull when using Slingbox remotely

Thier have been reports of some cable Companies Capping upload speeds when they see you are upload constant stream.

so a 200kb/sec upload would be capped to 20kbs/sec. All I have read state the capping is an undocumented policy of Some Cable Companies.

Also thier is some reports of EVDO Phone accounts getting suspended for streaming as well.

Slingbox is awsome but I just want to make people aware this is an issue. I think if you just use occasionaly to watch 1 show or scheduale a program it would not be a problem. but if you just leave it on in your hotel like a TV then that could be a problem.

Gary P.

Gary Pranzo
My Home Theater
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page