Moto 6412 gets choppy - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-18-2006, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a dual channel moto. Its usually pretty good, but sometimes it gets this issue where everything is "choppy" almost like a version of slowmo. Its extremely annoying to watch. Shutting the system down and restarting it (using the cord since I dont think there is a soft reboot) doesnt always fix it. Ive had to do it 2 -3 times in the past.

Is this a known issue? Any fixes out there?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-19-2006, 12:24 AM

It would help to post what software is on your box. It could be running MSTV, iGuide, Passport or possibly something else.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-19-2006, 02:45 PM

Yes! So annoying! Seems like I have to reboot the box almost every day because of this.

Have you tried the "soft reboot" where you hold the power key for some length of time? I just read about that today, but haven't had a chance to try it yet. Is your 6412 is a place where ventilation could be a problem? Mine is in a cabinet with what seems like plenty of space, but still seems to get pretty hot.

Since you also have this jitter problem, I wonder if you also experience my other major annoyance with this box - the delayed response to the remote commands? Seems like the box just stops responding for some amount of time (can be as long as >1 minute). And, naturally, I'm hitting a button now and again to see if the box has woken up, only to find that it buffered all my remote commands, and "plays them all back" which has actually resulted in a deleted recording a few times!!

Well, aside from the deleted recordings, just wondering if you've experienced both problems together, or if you only see the jitter...?

Cheers.
post #4 of 5 Old 06-19-2006, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry, I should have thought of that.

Its SW version 71.44-1203
Firmware version 12.18.

As for heat, the box is in a cabinet, but we never close the door on the cabinet. Still, the unit is by far the hottest thing in the cabinet, and most of the other equipment is usually off.

Sometimes I'll come to watch tv (usually the unit has been sitting around doing nothing for hours like after work) and the thing is totally frozen. The only way I can get it to do anything is to bring up the iguide and switch channels. It will usually pick up after that. I think this is what your referring to when you say the commands get buffered.

As for the soft reboot, i've tried to hold down the power for a bit (as i've had to do this with my older (non HDTV :( ) ReplayTV. How long are you supposed to hold it down to reboot?

We also have issues where the audio drops out from time to time when recording YD. Thats terribly annoying...
post #5 of 5 Old 07-02-2006, 03:32 PM

I was also having this problem. I was originally using an HDMI cable to go from the box to the tv, but once I started using a component cable instead of the HDMI the problem was fixed.
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page