New blank DVD problems with Pany E80H - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-09-2006, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've done the firmware upgrade but I'm still having trouble using new DVD-R's in my Pany E-80H.

I've had the Pany E-80H for several years. Most of the time I've used the Fujifilm printable surface DVD-R's. I've used up to the 8x speed.

I bought a new spindle of 50 from Fry's but none of the first 3 or 4 DVD's would work. When I tried to dub I got the message "Can not dub. This is an non-recordable disc." Well, I tried my older blank DVD's and they still worked.

I check the UPC's, the SKU's, and all numbers on both the working and non-working spindles of DVD's. They were exactly the same.

So, I took the non-working spindle back to Fry's and got a different spindle. Same problem. None of the new discs work but the older ones still do.

For my next try, I picked up a different brand: Memorex printable 16x DVD-R. Same message.

But Memorex had a warning to upgrade the firmware on older burners. So, I found the Panasonic site and did that. All messages appeared as promised but there is still no joy in Mudville. My older blank DVD's can be dubbed but both the Fujifilm 8x and the Memorex 16x DVD-R's show up as "non-recordable discs".

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I would appreciate any help.
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page