6412 not saving recordings. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-21-2006, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My wife tried to record Prison Break the other night on the FOXHD channel. When she went to watch it, it wasn't there. I thought maybe she didn't set it properly, since it was her first time, so I set it up to record a later showing on a time shift FOX, digital. Again, it didn't record. So we set it up again to just record a regular analog channel. Still nothing.

Today, I set it up to record, and watched as the little orange dot showed up in the guide. When it was recording, I looked at the 6412, and the channel it was supposed to record was on, and the record 'dot light' was illuminated. Once the program was over, I went to see if it worked, and nothing. WTF??

The only thing now, is that that in my PVR recordings, it says no listings, but 2% of my memory used.

Connected directly from 6412 to TV via HDMI cable.

Any ideas??

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-23-2006, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphthedog
My wife tried to record Prison Break the other night on the FOXHD channel. When she went to watch it, it wasn't there. I thought maybe she didn't set it properly, since it was her first time, so I set it up to record a later showing on a time shift FOX, digital. Again, it didn't record. So we set it up again to just record a regular analog channel. Still nothing.

Today, I set it up to record, and watched as the little orange dot showed up in the guide. When it was recording, I looked at the 6412, and the channel it was supposed to record was on, and the record 'dot light' was illuminated. Once the program was over, I went to see if it worked, and nothing. WTF??

The only thing now, is that that in my PVR recordings, it says no listings, but 2% of my memory used.

Connected directly from 6412 to TV via HDMI cable.

Any ideas??

thanks.
Having the same problems man. I just got my HD and DVR service Thursday and mine won't save recordings either. It says "No Saved Shows Are Currently Available" when I press the "DVR List" button on my remote, but when I go to the "Scheduled Recordings" list all the shows I set to record are there, what gives!? Of course the COX tech support page won't load, and they are useless on the phone :mad:
post #3 of 6 Old 09-23-2006, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

I tried a reboot (unplugging for 5 minutes) and then have left the box on. I read on another forum to never turn these HD Motorola boxes off. I haven't tried a future recording, but I did successfully record a few by hitting record when it started.

I will try a future and report back.
post #4 of 6 Old 09-24-2006, 02:15 PM

Quote:
I tried a reboot (unplugging for 5 minutes) and then have left the box on. I read on another forum to never turn these HD Motorola boxes off. I haven't tried a future recording, but I did successfully record a few by hitting record when it started.

I will try a future and report back.
I called COX and the reset it "over the air". The lady told me sh ewas gonna reset it and to turn it back on when the correct time came back up on the display. After a few minutes the time popped up, I turned it on, let it load, and it's fine now, tested recording a show in progress AND setting a future show to record, both work.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-24-2006, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Is there a way to reset it yourself, or does my provider, SHAW have to??
post #6 of 6 Old 09-25-2006, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Is there a way to reset it yourself, or does my provider, SHAW have to??
I honestly have no idea. I guess you could try unplugging it for like 30 minutes or so, then plug it back in and start it up, I did that a few times with my old digital cable box (it wasn't a DVR), but I'd honestyly call the customer service, it wasn't as painlfull as I thought it would be, lol, it I didn't have to do anything, she shut the box down over the air and then I just had to push "power" on the remote when the time came back up. The whole process took MAYBE 5 minutes tops, and I haven't had any issues since, everything records fine.
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page