Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 142 Old 03-25-2008, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsurd2 View Post

If the native resolution of your TV is 1080p, then it will deinterlace 1080i from the Moto.

ill have to look into that Deinterlace means what exactly?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 142 Old 03-25-2008, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Google deinterlace
post #123 of 142 Old 03-30-2008, 11:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmanx23 View Post

Hello Im new here i have quick question maybe someone can help me. I have a Motorola DCT3416 I dvr HD box from comcast my question is does this box do 1080P? i ask the people at comcast and they don't know.

Ive looked through the settings and can't find it. Is there a newer model that does 1080p? hopefully someone can help me.

I can only reach 1080i but i want 1080p because i have a tv that does 1080p and i feel like i got that tv for nothing now.

Getting a box with 1080p output (which doesn't exist, as far as I know) won't do anything anyway. The TV shows you're going to watch aren't 1080p, so it's just the difference of your set top box doing the deinterlacing vs your TV. Chances are your TV would do a better job anyway.

If you want 1080p content try blu-ray.

Brandon
post #124 of 142 Old 04-02-2008, 09:56 AM

I got a DCT3416-I from Comcast last week. So far it has recorded nothing. It locks up when I try to record. It locks up when I try to watch TV. Today it locked up when I turned it on. Last night it said that it recorded two shows. They were there in my "Recorded Shows" folder. I went to watch one of them and the unit froze. When I say "Freeze" I mean the unit it locked up, remote commands do not work and pressing the buttons on the front don't help, and letting it sit for 10 minutes changes nothing, so the only way to reset it is to unplug it. Anyway, I unplugged it, reset it and waited for my DVR menu to repopulate. Then it told me that there were "No Recorded Shows" (even though I had seen the three there that it had supposedly recorded earlier in the evening. Anyway, just really frustrated at this point. Going to get a new unit this afternoon, hopefully it helps. And yes, there is enough airflow to the unit.

I wish Tivo worked with On-Demand because I do like that service.
post #125 of 142 Old 04-02-2008, 10:14 AM

For the past several months I have been experiencing tiling, audio dropouts,and black screens. I am up in the Boston area with the Motorola DCT3416. I'm running a Sharp Aquos 42d43u over hdmi for monoprice. It seems as if something is wrong with the signal coming into the house. My building has 8 apartments although not everyone is using comcast I'm sure every apartment has a wire leading into the house for previous/future residents.

What the heck is causing this? I have called Comcast twice. The first call they sent a "refresh signal" and had me unplug the box for a minute. The second time they sent a guy out. He was really friendly but he blamed it on a loose connection in the house. He left a week ago and the problem has been getting progressively worse.

Any suggestions?
post #126 of 142 Old 08-26-2008, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Does anyone know if the USB port provides power while the box is turned off?
I want to use it to power an IR receiver, so it would need to supply power to that, even when the STB/DVR is powered off.

-steve
My HT Setup - updated 12/25/2012
"...and all the science, I don't understand. It's just my job, five days a week."
post #127 of 142 Old 08-27-2008, 07:16 PM

OK I have hit my head on the wall long enough. I just got a 3416 that replaced my old HD set top box but it will not show anything. It is hooked up OK, as when I turn the TV on it says program will be available shortly. I let it set over night and all day today and it still says the same thing. I hooked up my old box and and even though the guide said TBA on it I still had a picture for the channel I was on. Any clue what is going on?
Thanks

TC
post #128 of 142 Old 08-28-2008, 02:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedfn4u View Post

OK I have hit my head on the wall long enough. I just got a 3416 that replaced my old HD set top box but it will not show anything. It is hooked up OK, as when I turn the TV on it says program will be available shortly. I let it set over night and all day today and it still says the same thing. I hooked up my old box and and even though the guide said TBA on it I still had a picture for the channel I was on. Any clue what is going on?
Thanks

TC

You need to call Comcast & activate the box. Make sure it is plugged in and turned on, connected to the cable first. Then call & they will send an activation signal down the cable to your box.

That should fix it.

-steve
My HT Setup - updated 12/25/2012
"...and all the science, I don't understand. It's just my job, five days a week."
post #129 of 142 Old 09-04-2008, 08:25 AM

I'm on Comcast in the Detroit area - I"ve noticed that on the local NBC channel, HD, there is always a gray bar at the top of the screen. It's much smaller than a letter box bar, looks like the image is just nudged down a bit.

Of all the HD channels, it only occurs on this one. I'm guessing it's more of a problem with the feed rather than the box, but has anyone seen this at any time?
post #130 of 142 Old 09-08-2008, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipJigs View Post

I'm on Comcast in the Detroit area - I"ve noticed that on the local NBC channel, HD, there is always a gray bar at the top of the screen. It's much smaller than a letter box bar, looks like the image is just nudged down a bit.

Of all the HD channels, it only occurs on this one. I'm guessing it's more of a problem with the feed rather than the box, but has anyone seen this at any time?

Are you using any type of display with 1:1 pixel mapping or "full pixel" mode?

Brandon
post #131 of 142 Old 10-20-2008, 12:31 PM

anyone ever connect the box to their lan? or get any use out of that port?

Also

Did anyone ever get to watch a live stream with vista ? how?

Thanks
post #132 of 142 Old 12-21-2008, 07:53 PM

I have a COMCAST DCT3416-I and am simply trying to connect my computer to my tv. I can't directly connect right now, but the dct3416-i have an s-video input. I've connected my computer to that (and some spare y-audio inputs) and visa recognizes the new monitor and has successfully expanded to it (my mouse goes off the page). HOW DO I ACTUALLY SWITCH TO THE CHANNEL ON THE BOX THAT THIS INFO SHOWS UP??? Seems like a dumb question but this is driving me crazy!!!
post #133 of 142 Old 01-05-2009, 10:38 AM

My setup is as follows
Motrolla DCT3416 Cable Box
Denon 2309Ci
Samsung 58" Plasma

I just got the 2309 a few days ago and am having an issue with my motorola DCT 3416 cable box losing HDMI settings when I turn the system off/on.
  1. Set 480 override setting on the STB to stretch.
  2. Turn off the system (TV, receiver, STB)
  3. Turn on the system.
  4. The 480 override setting is back to the default (none, which means it outputs 1080i with sidebars.

I didnt have this issue when running HDMI directly to my TV, but using my receiver in the middle causes it. (running HDMI from the STB to the receiver, and the receiver to the TV).

Is this an issue with the Denon reciever? Should I return it and get Onkyo or Pioneer instead?

Thanks,

Eric Wellnitz
post #134 of 142 Old 01-05-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
I didn't have this issue when running HDMI directly to my TV, but using my receiver in the middle causes it. (running HDMI from the STB to the receiver, and the receiver to the TV).

This is a common problem with HDMI handshaking, especially between Denon (I have an 889 which is almost the same as the 2309) and Sony TVs. I guess you have it as well with your sammy. One solution is to run component to the TV instead of HDMI. It is a pain in the you know what.

Howard
post #135 of 142 Old 01-14-2009, 10:57 AM

what's an "STB" ??
post #136 of 142 Old 01-14-2009, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Set top box, aka the dvr box.

Brandon
post #137 of 142 Old 01-20-2009, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I have a hdmi cable going to the tv and an optical cord going in my receiver and the over all volume is very low compared to my ps3, why is my volume so low? Is it because the audio is being split between the hdmi and optical?

post #138 of 142 Old 05-25-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post

I have a hdmi cable going to the tv and an optical cord going in my receiver and the over all volume is very low compared to my ps3, why is my volume so low? Is it because the audio is being split between the hdmi and optical?

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but everyone always says to use the search button before repeating a question already asked.
I'm having the same problem as above, and I'm completely lost on what the problem is.

I have:
Motorola DCT3416 cable box
Mitsubishi WD-57734 tv
Denon AVR-486 receiver
PS3
Wii

Can anyone help me out with this, please?
post #139 of 142 Old 07-21-2009, 01:07 PM

hello:

Anyone know what the current firmware upgrade from Motorola is, for the 3416 unit? in fact, how do I find out what version I have now?
does the cable company update it from their end or do I have to connect it to the internet and do something to update it?

Got this cable box/PVR from my cable company in January 2009 and so far it's worked perfectly. I record & erase lots of programs. I'm normally running 95% capacity on the PVR.

Because it's always full, I wonder if there's a way to dump some of the recordings to another PVR or DVD recorder.

Is anyone doing this?

Thanks.

Rick
post #140 of 142 Old 07-30-2009, 05:28 PM

I have a DCT 3416-I hooked up via HDMI to a Sony KDL32XBR9 and intermittently when I switch between hd and std channels I get a popping sound on the audio. I also tried a DCH 3416 and it does the same thing. Has anyone experienced this or heard of this. Thanks in advance
post #141 of 142 Old 10-23-2009, 10:23 AM

Currently have a Comcast Motorola DCT6412 DVR hooked up to my Samsung LCD via component cables. Figured I would switch to HDMI and tried it out. Seems like there is some sort of lag between switching channels with the HDMI that is not there when using component. Anybody have any idea as to what this could be? Thanks
post #142 of 142 Old 10-23-2009, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Schickadance View Post

Currently have a Comcast Motorola DCT6412 DVR hooked up to my Samsung LCD via component cables. Figured I would switch to HDMI and tried it out. Seems like there is some sort of lag between switching channels with the HDMI that is not there when using component. Anybody have any idea as to what this could be? Thanks

Try and pay attention to exactly when this is happening. Does it happen every time? Does it only happen when switching from HD to SD channels? Vice versa? Does it happen when switching from an SD to another SD channel?

It's possible you have the 480i override on, which causes a delay when switching from an HD channel to an SD channel. Or maybe it's off which is causing some scaling to occur, not sure.

Brandon
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page