TV Guide Missing Shows - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-25-2006, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Panasonic DMR-EH50. I bought it particularly for the built in TV Guide PVR capability. However, I keep missing shows even though I have them programmed to "Record Regularly". They show up in the TV Guide, I schedule them to record regularly, I check a day or two before that they are listed there, and sometimes that are greyed out or gone completely. If I don't check, I miss the show :(

Am I doing something wrong?
Is there a problem with the TV Guide from my cable provider? (Time Warner)
Is it TV Guide?

Thanks in advance for any help!
-Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-26-2006, 04:48 PM

There was a similar posting on October 11th in this group, but it didn't get any replies either. I believe you both are describing the same problem.

I have had the same thing happen to me with my Panasonic unit. I posted a message about it a few months ago, but no clear answers. The problem seems to come and go. I have tried all sorts of "experiments" to narrow it down.

If you find out anything more, please post it here.

Thanks ! :)
post #3 of 6 Old 10-26-2006, 04:53 PM

I just found my original post on this problem....it was on 01/04/2006. I suggest you go back and look over that thread. One other person also responded and said that they had a similar problem back then.

But still no "answers" :( :mad:
post #4 of 6 Old 10-26-2006, 04:56 PM

To help you find previous discussion referred to above, the thread was entitled "Panasonic DMREH50S Problem" and the final post in it was on 3/17/06 by 'debbi2'.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-01-2006, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. It doesn't sound too promising. Who is your TV service provider? I was taking a guess that this has less to do with the Panasonic and more to do with the TV Guide service, either from the cable service or from TV Guide themselves.

There are other DVR's with the same TV Guide programming chip, though I think the Panasonic is fairly popular. I love it when it works, but frustrated when it doesn't.

I will be entering the HD world next year and I will need a replacement. I'm considering the expensive TIVO solution simply because if I'm paying for the service, I expect more and/or can hold that against them if it doesn't work.

My other options are with Vista/Media Center and I'm considering that as well - but that sounds like another thread... eh?
post #6 of 6 Old 11-01-2006, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnemeth
Thanks for the info. It doesn't sound too promising. Who is your TV service provider?

>>>>>>>>>>> Cablevision (Monmouth County NJ)

I was taking a guess that this has less to do with the Panasonic and more to do with the TV Guide service, either from the cable service or from TV Guide themselves.

There are other DVR's with the same TV Guide programming chip, though I think the Panasonic is fairly popular. I love it when it works, but frustrated when it doesn't.

>>>>>>>>>>> Yes, that is exactly how we feel too !!

I will be entering the HD world next year and I will need a replacement. I'm considering the expensive TIVO solution simply because if I'm paying for the service, I expect more and/or can hold that against them if it doesn't work.

My other options are with Vista/Media Center and I'm considering that as well - but that sounds like another thread... eh?

Hopefully someone will come up with some suggestions or ideas. :rolleyes:
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page