Moxi DVR Flashing 88:88 and not Booting, is it Broken? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-27-2006, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I unplugged my Moxi (BMC 9012) to install a Tivo Series 2 DT box. Both Tivo and Time Warner said I could use the Moxi instead of a cable box for the Series 2 DT to control digital cable. I installed everything, double, triple checked it, and booted up the Tivo, it worked perfectly. The Moxi on the other hand isn't booting. On the front where the clock usually is it has 88:88 flashing constantly and if you look in the back the fan doesn't spin. It just twitches a little bit, but doesn't move very much. I called Time Warner and they had me go through all the troubleshooting. I had to undo all the wires and get it to the exact same connection as it was before. Also the connection to the tv is component, and the cable feed comes from a splitter to a cable modem and the Moxi. I have no idea what is wrong with it. I consulted the manual and it said "If the BMC9012 is unable to complete the startup process, please note the number shown on the display..." There's no solid number though, it's just 88:88's barely lighting up, but still flashing very fast. Is it broken?
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page