TV GUIDE update problem,switch to Time Warner from Comcast. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 11-06-2006, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I need help on TV Guide update.I have a Toshiba RD-XS55 HDD/DVD recorder with TV Guide.The TV Guide work perfectly when my cable company was with Comcast.It updated without a problem and the listings were accurate,now comcast was bought out by time warner and time warner did a channel rearrangementon 10-24-06,now the recorder cannot find a channel to get TVG info.Before it was channel 95 & 188 with comcast(south cal area).My recorder just keeps on cycling through the channels and the TVG listings is blank.I also called time warner tech support and they don't have an idea what I'm asking about.Any tips?Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-18-2007, 11:02 AM

I am having a similar proplen with the switch from adelphia to time warner.

Did you have any luck
post #3 of 8 Old 06-12-2007, 10:11 PM

and I have comcast nor cal...same problem...any way around this?
post #4 of 8 Old 06-14-2007, 02:53 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 134
You need to either do a machine reset or at least a new channel scan followed by a TVG setup from scratch. This will get the machine in sync w/the changes.

If you reset your machine to factory settings, that will force a channel scan and a TVG setup.

OR...

1. You can do an auto-rescan for channels via your setup menus.

2. Then Go to TVG SETUP > "Change system settings" and highlight it only (don't press Enter) > Enter on keypad the following #s: 653159147. Press TVG button to exit and turn unit off, then on, and reset TVG settings. Don't accept zip code or other choices, rekey and toggle them as if new settings. Wait overnight and you will then prob. see a message that TVG found several channel lineups in your area, from which you select the one you subscribe to. Then, you'll get the proper channel lineup for your service, followed by a TVG that begins to populate over the next several days.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #5 of 8 Old 06-22-2007, 06:44 AM

This forum was great help for me.
I have a Pansonic DMR-E95H DVD recorder - great unit. And Comcast cable without a cable box. About two months ago the nightly TV Guide failed to download. Nobody was able to help til I saw this exchange with the idea to reset the recorder. But ... there is no information in the manual as to how to reset the recorder.
I called Panasonic and after asking about this they told me how:
hold the Channel up AND down buttons for a few second until the screen displays BYE. Then turn the power on again and the unit will go through the setup steps as if it had come new out of the box. Then turn the unit off and leave it off over night. I did that yesterday and this morning the download was there again. How simple if only the manufacturers would tell about this reset function. I had the same problem with a VHS recorder a few years back and had to call to find out about the reset function.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-22-2007, 01:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 19
They do tell you how to do it in the manual of the newer, EH75 model that I got not long ago.

But I'm not sure if it was in the manual of my older, E85. I knew how to do it with that model, but I don't remember if I learned here or from the manual.

It is a bit obscure as a little "side note" in the new one, though. But then again, everything is a bit obscure in a Panasonic manual.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabjxo View Post

2. Then Go to TVG SETUP > "Change system settings" and highlight it only (don't press Enter) > Enter on keypad the following #s: 653159147. Press TVG button to exit and turn unit off, then on, and reset TVG settings. Don't accept zip code or other choices, rekey and toggle them as if new settings. Wait overnight and you will then prob. see a message that TVG found several channel lineups in your area, from which you select the one you subscribe to. Then, you'll get the proper channel lineup for your service, followed by a TVG that begins to populate over the next several days.

Does this work for Samsung HDTV's also? My guide stopped working a while ago and I would like to try this reset. Is it the same "653159147" on the TVGuide screen?
post #8 of 8 Old 06-22-2007, 03:38 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeas View Post

Does this work for Samsung HDTV's also? My guide stopped working a while ago and I would like to try this reset. Is it the same "653159147" on the TVGuide screen?

Yes, if the TVGOS system is supplied/made by Gemstar, it should respond to the same codes...all Gemstar's guides have so far responded to the same codes and procedures.

|
|
|
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page