Motorola DCT6416 No Sound or Picture - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-02-2006, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have had this Motorola DCT6416 for a few months now and it is starting to act up. I have Time Warner in so cal if that helps. If I leave the box on and shut off the TV, everything is fine. Trouble starts when I have the box off and the tv off. I can turn on the TV, then turn on the box. The channel info appears at the bottom of the screen with no sound. The info will dissappear after about 15 seconds. No Picture or no sound. This is not the MUTE issue. Mute is not at the top of the screen. The only way to get the picture and sound back on is to start playing a program that has been recorded. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-03-2006, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

I haven't tried resetting the box yet. Couple questions. How do you do it? Just unplugg it? Will I lose my prerecorded shows. I shouldn't. Will I lose my programming? Thanks!
post #3 of 5 Old 12-03-2006, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

This is an old, much reported problem with these boxes. You can do a simple re-set by pulling the A/C plug and waiting several seconds. You'll lose guide data but it will come about after a bit. Your recorded content should be fine as long as the box can phone home. If you lose cable signal, even saved content becomes unavailable until the cableco connection is restored.

YMMV

Here's a handy reference on that box How to use a Motorola DVR

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing."

- Randy K. Milholland
post #4 of 5 Old 12-03-2006, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Cool, that worked just fine. Just like you said, the guide info was missing, but came back after about an hour or so. Thanks for the guide!
post #5 of 5 Old 12-16-2006, 05:34 PM

Yeah I had this problem a few times... I unpluged it a few minuets and then pluged in and turned it on... also make sure that the unit is not sitting on top of something hot like your surround amp or under something that prevents it from venting properly... it does put off some heat...
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page