Two Comcast 3412 Questions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-10-2006, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just recently purchased a Samsung 32" LCD HDTV and have hooked it up to my Comcast box. Two questions have arisen:

1. It seems the only way to turn on Closed Caption is by pressing the "Menu" button when the STB is powered off. This works great except for one thing. I can't seem to turn off the CC except by reversing the process, obviously disruptive while watching TV. Is there a remote code that I can use to turn on and off the CC without resorting to the above process?

2. Does anyone know of the remote code for the Oppo 970?

Thanks for your help.

D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-11-2006, 04:01 AM

Liked: 11
1. No. There is only one way to turn on and off CC.

2. Sorry, I don't.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-19-2006, 09:44 PM

The elusive Comcast remote code for the Oppo 970. I have a Motorola 3412 and an Oppo 970. Not only have I been unable to find the remote code anywhere, I have been unable to program the remote using the following steps:

1. Turn on the DVD player.
2. On the remote control, press AUX once.
3. Press and hold SETUP until the AUX key blinks twice, then release the SETUP key.
4. Using the number pad, enter 9-9-1. The AUX key will blink twice.
5. Aim the remote control at the player and slowly alternate between pressing Power and AUX. Stop when the player turns off after pressing the POWER key. This means that a working code has been found.
6. Press the SETUP key once to lock in the code. The AUX key will blink twice.

Uh, despite the fact that I've cycled through POWER and AUX about a thousand times, I can't get the Oppo to shut off (i.e. no working code found). To add insult to injury, during the above process, codes were found for both my Panasonic Plasma and my circa 32,000 year old Samsung VCR. They both powered ON at different times as I went through the cycle. Geez!
post #4 of 5 Old 12-27-2006, 11:52 AM

I called Oppo and they tell me there is no code to use other remotes with their players, except fairly expensive programables. Wish I'd known that before I bought the Oppo.

Anyone have any better luck?
post #5 of 5 Old 01-04-2007, 02:33 PM

I wish I had done a bit more research on this issue as well. It's my own fault, really, since the information is available on the Oppo site ("The OPPO DV-970HD uses a unique set of remote control commands") but I glossed over it.

I might have bought the Oppo anyway but, had I been aware of that little tidbit of information, it would have been factored into my decision. I mean, there are some other decent upconverting players on the market that work with the Comcast remote, some even less expensive than the Oppo 970. I'm not at all sure I would be able to discern the difference in PQ, etc, between the others and the Oppo but I know for sure that I'm missing the ability to control my 970 with my Comcast remote.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page