The elusive Comcast remote code for the Oppo 970. I have a Motorola 3412 and an Oppo 970. Not only have I been unable to find the remote code anywhere, I have been unable to program the remote using the following steps:
1. Turn on the DVD player.
2. On the remote control, press AUX once.
3. Press and hold SETUP until the AUX key blinks twice, then release the SETUP key.
4. Using the number pad, enter 9-9-1. The AUX key will blink twice.
5. Aim the remote control at the player and slowly alternate between pressing Power and AUX. Stop when the player turns off after pressing the POWER key. This means that a working code has been found.
6. Press the SETUP key once to lock in the code. The AUX key will blink twice.
Uh, despite the fact that I've cycled through POWER and AUX about a thousand times, I can't get the Oppo to shut off (i.e. no working code found). To add insult to injury, during the above process, codes were found for both my Panasonic Plasma and my circa 32,000 year old Samsung VCR. They both powered ON at different times as I went through the cycle. Geez!