Seeking advice on best signal path for Tivo - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-25-2006, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I apologize if you have read this posting previously -- I am entering it onto four different forums as it relates to the interconnection of three of them.

In two days, I am receiving a new set of home theater equipment consisting of the Panasonic TH-65PX600U plasma display, a Yamaha RX-V2700 AV receiver, a TIVO Series 3 DVR and an Oppo Digital 981 DVD player. Both the Panasonic and the Oppo upscale to 1080p internally; the Yamaha upscales only to 720p/1080i and the TIVO outputs only 480i or 720p/1080i, depending on the input signal.
I am truly confused about how best to connect these units for the best possible signals to be displayed.

Connecting the TIVO DVR to the Panasonic display. I have several choices: (a) connect to the Yamaha AV receiver by either (i) HDMI or (ii) component video -- and then connect from the Yamaha RX-V2700 to the Panasonic TH-65PX600U by either (i) HDMI or component video, (b) connecting the TIVO directly to the Panasonic by either (i) HDMI or (ii) component video.

The Oppo Digital DVD player (which upscales internally to 1080p) can be connected via HDMI (it only has HDMI output) either (i) directly to the Panasonic or (ii) to the Yamaha and then from the Yamaha to the Panasonic -- only by HDMI, I believe.

The issues at hand arise from which component has the best 1080p deinterlacer/scaler. I, frankly, don't have a clue and would appreciate all the thoughts I can get.

Thank you all for your help.

Jonathan
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page