Editing Home DVDs - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-03-2007, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know this is probably a painfully basic question for such a board, but I asked it on a football board and one of the regulars referred me to this site.

What's the easiest way to simply edit some scenes out of a DVD recording, using my computer? Basically, insert my DVD, edit certain chunks out then burn the newest version to another DVD.

I used something called Virutal Dub a few days back and it seemed fairly easy to use, but seemed to only save files in AVI format. I then converted that to MPG, but it wouldn't play in my DVD player, but I could play it on my portable DVD. So I hooked my portable to my DVD recorder, but when I saw the picture on the larger screen it had deteriorated considerably. And somewhere along the line I lost the sound too

I saw something called Chopper mentioned on another board I found via Google. Just trying to import the VOB files from DVD, condense movie/clip with a few edits then have the finished edit on DVD w/o losing substantial quality. Sound would be nice too, but at this point I'd be content with even just the video.

Thanks!
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page