post #271 of 309 Old 07-09-2008, 11:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindend View Post

As I mentioned before, it sounds as if your box either:

1. Lost authorization for the channels in question.
2. Had the authorization removed (by accident).

Neither an Init nor a reboot will solve this. Do you know how to get into diagnostics? If so, can you do a screen capture (or write down the values) of the current channel status when on an unauthorized channel?

Also, if at all possible, you may want to have your cable provider check that your box remains authorized for the services in question.

The proper authorization for the inaccessible channels is there. The authorization was never removed. This has been confirmed. If the authorization was removed from my account then I wouldn't be able to watch those channels on my other TVs that use regular Comcast boxes.

From the Current Channel Status:
Tuner 1
Tuner Freq 578980 KHz
Modulation mode QAM 256
Chan Status UNAUTH
Preview No
Chan Number 29
Encrypted Yes
Connected Yes
PCR Lock Yes

Purchasable No
Purchased No
Epoch Number 0x00
Epoch status 0x00
Auth Reason 0x20

Serivce Number 0
Service ID 0x0018f0
Parental Control Status Not Avaiable
Mute status NO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 309 Old 09-16-2008, 10:10 PM

My TDC-575D has SW version 74.62-3337 and FW version 9.26. I have a problem where all of my recorded programs show up under diagnostics, but under "My Recordings" I only see four programs on each of "View by date", View by channel" and "View by title." The four programs are different on each of the three "View by" menus.

Is there anything I can reset that will fix the listings for the "My Recordings" menus?

Also, I cannot clear all locks under "Master Locks." When I select "Remove all locks" the setting never changes,
post #273 of 309 Old 10-03-2008, 09:20 AM

I don't think this thread is used very much anymore but I decided to post my experiences here anyway. My TiVo died recently after 5 years of loyal service (moment of silence). Instead of repairing it or purchasing a new one, I decided to try out a DVR from Comcast since they offered it for free for six months. The model they gave me is a Pace TDC577x Tahoe. Though the quality of the recordings is incredible and I love having two tuners, I've been having a lot of problems setting up series recordings (the equivalent to the TiVo Season Pass).

First, it does a terrible job of knowing what is a new or repeat episode. I set it to record only new episodes of CSI and it tried to grab 15 episodes on a Saturday afternoon that were at least 4 years old. This can really foul up my other recordings if they are at a lower priority level than CSI is. I'll end up with a CSI repeat instead of a new episode of another of my shows.

I tried finding the specific airing of CSI I wanted via the grid and then selecting it to record the series but on this channel only. This has 3 different results I have seen. (1) on some shows, this will work as intended. (2) on some shows, "this channel only" will only apply to the channel with the first chronological showing. So with CSI, even though I was on CBS, it still tried to only take the episodes from the other channel. (3) It won't record any of the showings at all (this is the case with General Hospital).

I went to watch one of my shows recently and got only sound; no picture. Turns out it recorded from the HD version of the channel instead of the SD. Since, I don't have an HD TV, that's why no picture. There have been times I checked my future recordings list in the morning, saw two shows scheduled to be recorded that night, check again later that day, and now those shows were off the list eventhough they were still on the grid.

So basically, I have to babysit my recordings. I've given up on series recordings and have gone back to manually picking the individual shows I want recorded per day. I really don't know if this is a Pace problem or with Comcast's clunky software and service. Anyone having a similar problem? I wonder if I should ask Comcast for a different box.
post #274 of 309 Old 11-22-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_niles View Post

I have followed the process mentioned in earlier posts to display the diagnostic screen. TV on ,press power and then select button, but the unit turns off, no diagnostics. I have a comcast remote and pace tdc575d. Is the remote using the wrong codes? I have tried 0476,1376,and 1877.

Thanks

I turned the IR bypass on, and the default code of 0237 worked just fine with a very basic universal remote.

Hope that helps.
post #275 of 309 Old 11-27-2008, 03:19 PM

I have recently replaced my Motorola DVR with a PACE Vegas DVR. But I can no longer get the new IGuide on the PACE DVR which was downloaded on the other Mot DVR around a month ago. Is this something not availble for Pace yet or this is just not getting downloaded for my Pace DVR. For the latter case can someone help me with instruction set to force PACE DVR to download IGuide.
post #276 of 309 Old 11-27-2008, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Re - A25 iGuide
Out here in the bay area only the Moto boxes got the new guide.
post #277 of 309 Old 12-07-2008, 12:05 PM

I got a TDC577x vegas yesterday from comcast. its hooked up to a 42" monitor (no closed captioning on the monitor). earlier for CC, i just used to turn it on the motorola box; now with the pace box, comcast says that it doesn't have any CC decoding.
is there someway i can turn CC on this box?
post #278 of 309 Old 12-07-2008, 06:48 PM

So the TDC575D isn't capable of sending digital video out to a television?
post #279 of 309 Old 12-08-2008, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-- View Post

So the TDC575D isn't capable of sending digital video out to a television?

As far as I know its video outputs are limited to component, S-video, composite and RF out.
post #280 of 309 Old 12-08-2008, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by here4info View Post

is there someway i can turn CC on this box?

Vegas doesn't render captions, but it will pass them through so that your TV can render captions. Have you enabled caption rendering on your TV?

Linden
Pace Americas, Inc. (note the views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of Pace).
post #281 of 309 Old 12-22-2008, 08:51 PM

Has anyone had a problem with the 575 where your recording doesn't have sound? When you go to play it back, either you have no sound, or the video freezes up.
post #282 of 309 Old 12-25-2008, 10:21 AM

No. The Pace playback is working fine in Boston.
post #283 of 309 Old 12-26-2008, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
it's a cool machine
post #284 of 309 Old 12-26-2008, 04:26 PM

saw it at my buddie's house
post #285 of 309 Old 12-26-2008, 04:26 PM

i was amazed at it's capabilities.
post #286 of 309 Old 12-30-2008, 10:02 AM

Just got a Vegas DVR from Comcast in Seattle, WA yesterday.

Seems to be working OK except I can't get the front panel to display anything except the useless icons (power, mail etc.)

The DVR set-up menu has the option to display either the channel or the time. I tried both options and the front panel displays neither. GRRR...

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.

Abizar
post #287 of 309 Old 12-31-2008, 07:07 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
There is no other display on the Vegas.

The box uses a common software - if there was a display, you could choose it's mode.
post #288 of 309 Old 12-31-2008, 08:05 AM

thanks for the information... guess I'll return it and get one that does have the ability.

I realize this is a nit but its actually VERY annoying to not see that the channel or the time at a glance
post #289 of 309 Old 01-23-2009, 11:28 AM

I am trying to use a Slingbox with my TDC575D. Even though the COMCAST-TDC575D is listed as supported by Slingbox, the remote does not work properly. The Pace responds to Slingbox commands, but does the wrong thing, rewinding in response to a change channel command, etc.

It looks like I may need to make a custom code table. Anyone know where I can get the codes?
post #290 of 309 Old 01-27-2009, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natman View Post

I am trying to use a Slingbox with my TDC575D. Even though the COMCAST-TDC575D is listed as supported by Slingbox, the remote does not work properly.

According to this post, the Sling database appears to have some errors in it. If you select the Motorola 6412, your Slingbox should work.

Linden
Pace Americas, Inc. (note the views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of Pace).
post #291 of 309 Old 02-02-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:

According to this post, the Sling database appears to have some errors in it. If you select the Motorola 6412, your Slingbox should work.

I found out that the correct (or at least a useable) answer is DVR - Comcast - Other - Code 1. This gives a virtual remote similar to the real thing. The only flaw I can detect is that the "B" and "C" buttons don't change the day of the week as they do on the real thing. I'll try the 6412 just to see what happens.

Sling tech support was, once again, completely useless. Faced with what was OBVIOUSLY a code table problem, they insisted on reloading the firmware AGAIN and finally gave up when I refused to waste any more time by hooking up a different video source.

Feh.
post #292 of 309 Old 02-03-2009, 01:27 AM

Hello folks.

I'm having an issue with my Denver Comcast Pace TDC 575D.

I've had it for around 2 years. Recently, the HDD is losing space.

The DVR guide only shows two programs saved but shows it is 100% full.

I went into the diag menu and the hard disk doesn't appear full there.

Anyone have an idea? I don't really want to have to return it to the CSR because Comcast is a PITA to deal with when returning equipment.

Is there a way to do a hard reset of the equipment? Aside from pulling A/C.

Thanks for the space.
post #293 of 309 Old 02-06-2009, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetCochese View Post

The DVR guide only shows two programs saved but shows it is 100% full....I went into the diag menu and the hard disk doesn't appear full there.

This is a known issue with TV Guide. To solve it requires a reboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetCochese View Post

Is there a way to do a hard reset of the equipment? Aside from pulling A/C.

Not with this particular box. For Pace boxes with front panel keys, you can do a soft reboot in diags by pressing Info and then the select keys.

Linden
post #294 of 309 Old 03-20-2009, 06:20 PM

*canceled*
post #295 of 309 Old 06-09-2009, 09:14 PM

Last night or so, my Pace 575D on Comcast in the South San Francisco Bay Area (California) upgraded from 97.18 (I think) to 99.98. I noticed a few minor changes only. It lost my scheduled recordings, so I had to set them up again, but my saved recordings were fine.

I've only had the DVR for about a week (I was forced to migrate from analog cable when they got rid of half the channels a few weeks back), so maybe it's not a new upgrade, but I hadn't seen mention of it in this forum, so I thought I'd mention it.
post #296 of 309 Old 06-10-2009, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taed View Post

Last night or so, my Pace 575D on Comcast in the South San Francisco Bay Area (California) upgraded from 97.18 (I think) to 99.98.

Are you sure about these firmware #s? What diagnostic screen are you getting the firmware revision from?

Linden
post #297 of 309 Old 06-11-2009, 05:00 AM

Quote:

Are you sure about these firmware #s? What diagnostic screen are you getting the firmware revision from?

I get that from pressing Menu | Setup | Cable Box Setup | Configuration, and it's listed as "Firmware Rev". I've tried getting into the "boot" menu by pressing OK after pressing power a bunch of times (both with and without RF Bypass on), but I can't get that screen to come up. I just double-checked, and yes, it says "Firmware Rev 99.98".
post #298 of 309 Old 06-11-2009, 02:00 PM

I have a new Pace Vegas DVR from Comcast. I have an SDTV, but I can't get into the user settings menu, so the DVR thinks I have an 16:9 TV. I've tried to turn off the device and then press the menu key, but that doesn't work. Since there aren't any buttons on the DVR, I can't access the User Settings that way.
Any suggestions? This is really frustrating, because all HD programming shows up hugely magnified on my TV.
post #299 of 309 Old 06-12-2009, 10:43 PM

I've been using the same Pace Vegas DVR for about 2 years now and have been waiting and waiting for Comcast to update the firmware to accomplish everything that lindend has indicated were in the new versions. It finally happened, I'm also in the Bay Area like Taed.

The diagnostics dashboard from pressing 'ok' just after 'power' indicates that the SW Version is 10.75. From the Comcast 'Setup' menu and 'Cable Box Setup' the 'Configuration' indicates S/W Ver 75.69, and Firmware 99.98

Unfortunately I am not too happy with some of what has transpired.

First all my DVR series recordings were deleted, not the recorded programs, but the fact that I want new recordings of a specific title saved. The problem is that I did not expect this and for the last week have been manually recording programs because they were not showing up as an 'scheduled recording'. The bad and annoying part is that many of the shows are off for the summer, and so I can't put the series recording back in place until the show is back next fall or even until 2010 for some shows, and I will probably miss an episode or two because I won't be paying attention to when every show returns, or remember the name of every show that had a scheduled recording.

The very big elephant sized problem may be similar to what jctl reported. I do not have a HDTV. Prior to this new firmware, shows that were in widescreen had the traditional letterbox bars. After getting the new firmware the DVR seems to be permanently stuck in zoom mode. I can not get any response when I press the 'HD Zoom' button, and I do not want to be in zoom mode. The DVR display does not even flicker the regular indication that a button was pressed on the remote control. Shows on network TV that were previously widescreen are now zoomed, and have the edges of the frame cut off to fit on my 4:3 tv, and the shows are not as crisp as they previously were. Other shows that were in 4:3 are also being forced zoom so I lose action around all four edges of the screen, and the picture is not as crisp because it is zoomed.

I waited so patiently through Comcast dragging their knuckles on upgrading the firmware to help stabilize this DVR. It was absolutely annoying when the DVR would lock and reboot, and then take 5-10 minutes to reboot and let me regain access to channels and OnDemand. Comcast even sent something to plug the DVR into and then plug this device into the wall. Unfortunately they picked some 1.5" x 3.5" brick that has absolutely no chance of fitting into my powerstrip and so it goes unused.

If this DVR will no longer let the user be in control of the 'HD zoom' button to put it in the proper display format, I suspect that many people will return this device. Watching TV in zoom is not enjoyable except for few seconds at a time trying to read small text or graphics on screen. The director of any show did not frame the shot for only the center of the screen to be displayed and all the edges dropped, and it is not the proper resolution leading to fuzziness.

I know that most of these issues are Comcast being dopes and not properly testing. But why would the firmware eliminate the ability to unzoom??? Especially why would it put me into permanent zoom instead of letting me choose if I have a widescreen or not? Because this DVR does not do HD, I would guess that many people are not using it on widescreen tvs and would prefer to have it in the intended display for a specific show, whether that is wide screen or 4:3 but not zoomed for all shows no matter what, or the option to choose which mode they want it in.
post #300 of 309 Old 06-15-2009, 06:25 PM

I just picked up this box from Comcast today and haven't been able to get the remote to work. I managed to program it for my TV, but i can't seem to get Pace box to respond to anything. I tried all the Pace codes in the remote's manual, which didn't get me anywhere.

A few google searches brought me here, maybe someone can help me?
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page