Use the Motorola STB code.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 309 Old 07-07-2009, 08:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a recurring recording problem with my new Comcast Pace DVR that's driving me crazy. Every once in a while the entire program won't record. When I start playing the recording, it will show that the recording is 60min long, but after playing a few minutes, it will suddenly show that the recording is 20min long, and it will stop after 20 minutes. It's not always 20min, but it frequently is. In other words, the DVR thinks it has recorded the whole program (and I think the red "record" light is always on for the whole hour), but it either only recorded 20 minutes or the recording gets corrupted somehow.
Any ideas for what could be wrong? Comcast replaced my Pace DVR with another one, but the problem cropped up again after a few days. It seems to accelerate -- at first only once a week or so, then a few times a day. It's almost worse than having no DVR, since it's the luck of the draw whether the program will complete or not.
Thanks for any help.
post #303 of 309 Old 07-12-2009, 04:10 PM

First, thank you Linden for assisting us. Your advice saved me from buying an external SATA drive to try and hook up to my DVR because my SATA port is disabled. I just want to report a small bug that I have found. The configuration of my Pace 575 is:

Model: DCT
S/W Ver.: 75.69-a25p2-2.51.r-8
Firmware: 99.98
Region: 0

I have several programs set to record the series but only the new shows. Unfortunately, with some shows it still records the repeats even though they aren't labeled as "New" in the Guide listings. I have to go in and cancel the recordings that are repeats manually, and sometimes they don't stay canceled. That may just be due to the way I exited the screen for the recordings for the day. The shows that I am having trouble with are:

Rescue Me on FX
Warehouse 13 on Syfy (formally SciFi)
Eureka on Syfy
That's Impossible on History

Maybe you could pass this on to the group that deals with these things as I know that Comcast would be a black hole with information like this. Thanks again for all your help.

Would it be possible to "accidentally" have the firmware activate the SATA port so I can increase my storage space?

Paul
post #304 of 309 Old 08-25-2009, 11:54 AM

I just upgraded my father to a Comcast DVR and it appears the search feature is very limited compared to Direct TV DVRs. It appears you can only search by title and only titles which are already in the schedule.
On Direct TV you are able to create wishlist for programs that have not yet entered the schedule. You can also search by actor and keywords. Does the Comcast Pace DVR have any of these program search features? Thanks for your help!
post #305 of 309 Old 10-05-2009, 05:37 PM

I have a new Pace DVR and the other day I unplugged it to connect it to a surge protector. Now it won't turn back on. The power indicator (which is the word power) just stays red and won't turn blue. I tried unplugging to power cycle it, but it doesn't work.

Upon being plugged in, it goes red, makes noise and then turns off completely. Then the red light comes back on but it won't do anything from there.

Any ideas what's wrong?
post #306 of 309 Old 11-01-2009, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

My parents just got their first DVR from Comcast and it is this TDC 575D piece of junk.

The biggest annoyance right now is that when we're fast forwarding commercials, apparently at any speed, once we hit play instead of skipping back to where you wanted it to play, it usually jumps ahead. In football, you miss the entire next play. Even at the slower speed of forwarding, it still jumps ahead.

Does anyone else see this? Is there any setting that will use a jump back feature (like any good DVR) when you hit play after forwarding?
post #307 of 309 Old 11-08-2009, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 58
My experience with the Pace DVR led me to conclude that it's pure crap. In 2008, I went through three of these units. Each one developed serious problems up to and including completely freezing up. They were all very noisy and your could hear the hard drive revving up for no apparent reason at times. The clattering sound at night was very annoying. After returning the third unit, the local Comcast office gave me a Motorola DCH3416 at a significant discount for 12 months. Unfortunately, that discount expires this week and now I have to make a decision about retuning the Moto for another crappy Pace, saving $7.00/month, or keeping the Moto. Not great choices.
post #308 of 309 Old 11-11-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGuy View Post

My parents just got their first DVR from Comcast and it is this TDC 575D piece of junk.

The biggest annoyance right now is that when we're fast forwarding commercials, apparently at any speed, once we hit play instead of skipping back to where you wanted it to play, it usually jumps ahead. In football, you miss the entire next play. Even at the slower speed of forwarding, it still jumps ahead.

Does anyone else see this? Is there any setting that will use a jump back feature (like any good DVR) when you hit play after forwarding?

I hit ffwd, then when the show starts, hit the 30sec rewind button. Often I have to hit it 2 or 3 times to go back far enough, but it is almost instantaneous. I can tell just by watching how many times I have to hit it usually. The 30 sec rewind for Comcast SF Bay Area is the little 3/4 circle arrow button above and to the left of the 5 way control.
post #309 of 309 Old 02-10-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deader1718 View Post

I have a new Pace DVR and the other day I unplugged it to connect it to a surge protector. Now it won't turn back on. The power indicator (which is the word power) just stays red and won't turn blue. I tried unplugging to power cycle it, but it doesn't work.

Upon being plugged in, it goes red, makes noise and then turns off completely. Then the red light comes back on but it won't do anything from there.

Any ideas what's wrong?

I have this same problem. Any idea what would cause this?
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page