Motorola DCT-6416 III issues (Cox) - AVS Forum
Digital Recorders (PVRs) General > Motorola DCT-6416 III issues (Cox)
taugust04's Avatar taugust04 02:15 AM 02-06-2007
I have a Motorola DCT-6416 series three box thats having issues with dropped/choppy video when playing back recordings, at both HD and SD quality. This box is less than a week old. Otherwise, the box works OK. Anyone have similar issues? Known fixes? I know I can bring the box back and swap it out, but I read some where else of a guy who went through 3 of these boxes that all had the same issue. TIA.

-Ted

regnib's Avatar regnib 05:28 AM 02-07-2007
I have had occasional problem due to marginal signal strength when viewieng some programs. If you record such programs I believe this problem will exist in the recording as well. I would be more concerned if the original signal was error free and the recording was choppy.
taugust04's Avatar taugust04 01:43 AM 02-09-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by regnib View Post

I have had occasional problem due to marginal signal strength when viewieng some programs. If you record such programs I believe this problem will exist in the recording as well. I would be more concerned if the original signal was error free and the recording was choppy.

I'm beginning to think that one of the tuners is bad. I was playing around with it the other night, and I noticed that if I hit "swap", the program on the other tuner was skipping and studdering often. I then reversed what was playing on each tuner, and sure enough the other program was now skipping instead. I'm bringing it back to the Cox office tomorrow. Ugh.
inteller's Avatar inteller 01:28 PM 02-09-2007
ding ding ding! we have a winner. the tuner is bad. I have returned 4 of these boxes for the same issue you report. When I get a new box it is fine. They last about 4-6 months.
Up
Mobile  Desktop