I see your current problem. I work for a cable company in Canada that have the motorola PVR boxes in circulation. I is a software problem with the box and if you have not been able to fix it you need to Wipe the HDD clean (like a format and reinstall).
This will work for all motorola PVR boxes. For us here is Canada we are seing what we call a ghost recording with an old date. Anyways here is the procedure
DVR Hard Drive reset of STB w/ DVR
1. DCT should be turned on
2. Press Cable, Power off, ok/Select, to bring up the Diagnostics Page
3. With diagnostics page showing press Replay (15-sec rewind), DVR, DVR, DVR, Live.
4. STB should show Clr in the LED display.
5. Press ok/Select to proceed with the reset (and presumably Exit to cancel).
6. The STB should now reformat the HD and then reboot and download the Guide data from the Local headend.
This will erase the HD, Memory, and DVR & guide settings.
This process must be completed with 60 seconds for it to work!
Another tip with these boxes, is to leave the box powered ON all the time. and to simply turn off your TV when your not watching. This seems to prevent many of the software issues....(trust me there are many issues)