Motorola 3416 100% full... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 02-16-2007, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We recently had our old MOXI replaced with a Motorola 3416 from Charter ( the saga of the MOXI, I won't go into here). The other day, when it was time for my wife's 'soap' to record, the message said the disc was 100% full, and couldn't record. When I checked, we had 3 programs recorded that totaled 2 1/2 hours. I deleted the 1/2 hour program, and the indicator immediately dropped to 5%. I contacted Motorola, and they said maybe I should do a 'reboot', which will lose anything I have recorded. And it may or may not 'solve' the issue. It doesn't give me much confidence in it's ability to record what I want if I'm not at home...a problem I never had with my old VCR's. The fact that the 'rewind' function doesn't work right (and the FF function has to be 'punched twice' for it to function properly), and Charter says "they all do that" and Motorola says "we're working on it" makes me think that perhaps the release of this box was ahead of it's time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-16-2007, 02:20 PM

Hey welcome to the world of software glitches on the Moto DVR's. Don't let anyone tell you its not a software glitch. We had the same problem with two of our Moto DVR's at the same time shortly after a software update from our cable company. I quick work around for me was to just unplug the DVR and let it start up again. I think the problem is that deleted shows are not being deleted from the hard drive but the software thinks they are. Well I hope your cable company updates your machine soon and all will be well.
post #3 of 10 Old 02-17-2007, 03:22 PM

Sounds familiar, do an advanced search for my user name for a thread about my similar problems. I'd just post a link to the thread but apparently I'm not allowed to post links until I have 5 posts.

I'm hoping they fixed the "hd full" glitch with this latest update.
post #4 of 10 Old 02-17-2007, 03:23 PM

post #5 of 10 Old 02-28-2007, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. It's still doing it. Doesn't give me a lot of confidence asking it to record when I'm not here to ride herd on it.
post #6 of 10 Old 02-28-2007, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpaidbill View Post

Thanks. It's still doing it. Doesn't give me a lot of confidence asking it to record when I'm not here to ride herd on it.

You're welcome. Also, twice now mine has failed to stop recording at the end of a program. Both times I caught it with between 2 and 3 hours recorded after the show had ended.
post #7 of 10 Old 02-28-2007, 08:05 PM

Been trying to connect the DVR box to my computer via IEEE but can't seem to get any programs on my computer to recognize the box as a new hardware in order to load the digitally recorded programs. Anyone know how to do it? Any CD's out there to load software from Motorola?
I know this can be done BTW because the cable guy told me he actually record in HD from his home box via IEEE to disc!
Thanks.
post #8 of 10 Old 03-25-2007, 07:16 PM

This sounds familiar. My 6412 has done this several times. Usually if I delete one show it clears up.
post #9 of 10 Old 03-26-2007, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGTracer View Post

This sounds familiar. My 6412 has done this several times. Usually if I delete one show it clears up.

That works for me, too. But this thing did it 3 days in a row. I did a re-boot like Motorola said to do the second day, and it repeated the problem the next day. It's been working OK for a few days now. I guess when I go out of town I'll set the VCR on the other tv as a backup.
post #10 of 10 Old 04-07-2007, 10:38 AM

Hi,

I see your current problem. I work for a cable company in Canada that have the motorola PVR boxes in circulation. I is a software problem with the box and if you have not been able to fix it you need to Wipe the HDD clean (like a format and reinstall).

This will work for all motorola PVR boxes. For us here is Canada we are seing what we call a ghost recording with an old date. Anyways here is the procedure

DVR Hard Drive reset of STB w/ DVR

1. DCT should be turned on

2. Press Cable, Power off, ok/Select, to bring up the Diagnostics Page

3. With diagnostics page showing press Replay (15-sec rewind), DVR, DVR, DVR, Live.

4. STB should show Clr in the LED display.

5. Press ok/Select to proceed with the reset (and presumably Exit to cancel).

6. The STB should now reformat the HD and then reboot and download the Guide data from the Local headend.

This will erase the HD, Memory, and DVR & guide settings.

This process must be completed with 60 seconds for it to work!

Another tip with these boxes, is to leave the box powered ON all the time. and to simply turn off your TV when your not watching. This seems to prevent many of the software issues....(trust me there are many issues)
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page