SA 8300HD simultanious video help. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-19-2007, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all, this is my first post here, so be kind.

I finally got the wife to agree to upgrade from her 32" Sony CRT and boombox for sound. (whew)

My question is about the SA 8300HD and it's ability to send audio and video out of it's rear ports at the same time.

For example on our old set-up, I was able to send the S-Video to the Sony CRT, and also using the composite video plug, run a small LCD computer monitor in the sunroom and get a picture on both screens at the same time. (The monitor has S-Vid, Composite vid and VGA inputs)

Our new 50" plasma is hooked up to the HDMI port on the cable box.

When I try to use any other port (at least the S-Video and Composite) the screen comes up with a message that says something like "Your monitor is not capable of displaying the picture" and something about not being HDCP compliant... But that I can switch to component cables.

Question 1. Are both the HDMI and Component ports on the 8300HD active at the same time?

Question 2. Is it possible to send the "main" image from the HDMI port to our plasma, and send a mirror signal to the PC monitor in the other room with a special cable? (Like a component to VGA cable.)

Basically I want to use more than the HDMI port for video out from our 8300HD box, since the audio rack is right up against the wall of our sun/poker room, making cable runs about 6' long rather than building a whole new system for that room.

Any help appreciated, and if I'm not clear, please ask questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

SA 8300HD SARA 1.89.18.1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-09-2007, 11:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
yourmilage mat vary depending on 8300 software but on mine running sara I can get the hdmi to work or the component to work but not at the same time. hope that helps
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page