RCN/Motorola 6416 III My Recordings not appearing - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-20-2007, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've looked around and haven't found any information on this problem so far, so though I would give it a try here. When I press MyDVR (or my recordings, whatever the button is) it comes up with the blue screen, some garbled symbols where the info usually is, and then nothing else. If I try to scroll down and press enter, either the recordings reappear or I get sent to the main menu. If I select My Recordings from the main menu, my recordings magically appear. This has only cropped up this evening- things were fine this morning.

I tried pulling the plug after shutting the unit down and that seemed to work the first time, but now it's doing it again

I have RCN, although I understand in my area they were recently bought by Astound- although RCN branding still shows in the guide. Any thoughts? I have a lot of content on there that I need to watch before wiping the hard drive, so any non-destructive advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-21-2007, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemistral View Post

I've looked around and haven't found any information on this problem so far, so though I would give it a try here. When I press MyDVR (or my recordings, whatever the button is) it comes up with the blue screen, some garbled symbols where the info usually is, and then nothing else. If I try to scroll down and press enter, either the recordings reappear or I get sent to the main menu. If I select My Recordings from the main menu, my recordings magically appear. This has only cropped up this evening- things were fine this morning.

I tried pulling the plug after shutting the unit down and that seemed to work the first time, but now it's doing it again

I have RCN, although I understand in my area they were recently bought by Astound- although RCN branding still shows in the guide. Any thoughts? I have a lot of content on there that I need to watch before wiping the hard drive, so any non-destructive advice would be appreciated.

Mine did that today and if I hit the mydvr button a second time the menu came up like usual. I'm working night work and when I got up I noticed my STB got reset and the TV Guide was reloading. There must have been a glitch in the system. The mydvr button does what it should now.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-21-2007, 05:14 PM

Both of my DVR's are doing the same thing. The My DVD button only shows weird symbols and no recordings. If I press Menu and then DVR the information and recordings are there. It also deleted my series recording for American Idol.
post #4 of 5 Old 02-21-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstahl View Post

Mine did that today and if I hit the mydvr button a second time the menu came up like usual. I'm working night work and when I got up I noticed my STB got reset and the TV Guide was reloading. There must have been a glitch in the system. The mydvr button does what it should now.

Did you reset the box or did it automatically reset?
post #5 of 5 Old 02-21-2007, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srj45 View Post

Did you reset the box or did it automatically reset?

It did it while I was sleeping this morning. They must have realized the last update they sent was messed up and reset our recorders.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page