Comcast Moto DCT 6412 III to Vizio VX37L via HDMI - Can't control volume - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-09-2007, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 89
I'm not sure where the problem lies, so I'll try this forum first.

I have a Vizio 37" LCD TV hooked up to my Comcast Moto 6412 III HD PVR via HDMI cable. I get audio and video okay, but when I try to use the Comcast Remote (it's black - not silver), it does nothing. I have to use the TV's remote to change the volume level - yes...I'm using the TV's speakers...don't kill me! The Comcast remote controls the volume if I hook up the tv via the Component Cables and even the Composite Cables to my old tv without "modern" hook ups.

Has anyone run into this problem before? Is this even a problem? Or is it normal with HDMI? I've never used HDMI before so I'm new to this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-12-2007, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 89
ok, I found the answer to my own question...when you use the HDMI cable instead of the Compononent cables, the sound has to be controlled by the receiving unit (the TV) instead of the source (the cable box.)

I finally found a code for my Vizio tv on the Comcast/Adelphia remote that allows me to control the TV Volume. It's a bit of a pain because now I need to push the TV or Cable button on the remote to change the volume or channels.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page