D* Thanks offer of DVR - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-18-2007, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi. Does anyone know what the DVR is that D* is offering with their "thank you" choices? I asked the CSR if the phone line was required and he said "yes", but didnt really know why. I figured since it was connected to the satelitte, that the guide would be updated that way and I wouldnt need the phone line, since I dont have one near the TV I would use it with.

Thanks

SJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-18-2007, 05:45 PM

I just ordered one of these freebies for my bedroom, they would not budge off the 199.00 for the hd dvr...said they already dropped it 100 bucks.

Anyway to answer your question, you don't need a phone line but if you did it can program itself up to 2 weeks out. you will have a 2 week guide instead of 1 week. Also they want to run 2 lines to the reciever so you watch tv and record at the same time...this sould be interesting if they have to fish a line or cut intothe wall.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-19-2007, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for the reply. I thought i didnt really "need" the phone line. I was hoping they would just mail the receiver and I'll just set it up myself.

So, you are saying that if I dont connect the phone line, the satellite will update the programing and its one week vs. 2?
post #4 of 5 Old 06-19-2007, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieJ View Post

thanks for the reply. I thought i didnt really "need" the phone line. I was hoping they would just mail the receiver and I'll just set it up myself.

So, you are saying that if I dont connect the phone line, the satellite will update the programing and its one week vs. 2?

Depending on how long you've been with D* and how high your bill is each month you might be able to do better than that. I pay around 85 bucks per month, also get NHL and MLB package. I called and after a while got the new DVR plus dish, plus the sports package for free for 6 months plus the hd package for free for 4 months.
Joe
post #5 of 5 Old 06-22-2007, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieJ View Post

Hi. Does anyone know what the DVR is that D* is offering with their "thank you" choices? I asked the CSR if the phone line was required and he said "yes", but didnt really know why. I figured since it was connected to the satelitte, that the guide would be updated that way and I wouldnt need the phone line, since I dont have one near the TV I would use it with.

Thanks

SJ

It's the R-15. The one that was installed earlier this week is an R-15-100 - manufactured by Thomson.

It's being replaced next week - the menu program is unstable - not just by using the remote but also in trying to navigate menus from the receiver itself.

I've had three Sony receivers in the past, one actually built by LG, and all three were far superior and more solidly built than this piece of tin.

The only thing it has going for it is the DVR. The picture from the receiver and by way of the DVR is very, very soft. Never raised my TV's sharpness control so high.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page